How long does it take a scrape to heal?

I was riding by bike on concrete yesterday and I scraped up my knee and toe. On my toe I took a layer of skin off in two places. They are both a small oval shape and I took some of my toenail off too.I am going to the beach in two weeks and I was wondering if it would be healed enough to get in the ocean without in buring really bad because of the salt.If not, is there anything I can do to help it heal faster? The scrape isn't that deep. I've put peroxide and neosporin on it and I have had a band aid on it most of the time so it doesn't get infected.

Favorite Answer

My dad is a medik for the U.S. Army he said as long as you clean it out with sole and water and put a medicine on it like neosporan then it will not take long and it will stay clean as long as you do that but if you put on a band aid then make sure it's only when u are exposed to dirt or something like that so the sore can basically breath.

• fortes

Oh come on! How are you able to no longer assume a number of jokes! Next time use a towel as a substitute of a Brillo pad! If you are going to lube with cleaning soap, Lava is not the satisfactory option! When you mentioned brush burn I used to be pondering she must shave... Okay k, Use neosporyn, or a triple antibiotic. It will hold the scab from inflicting you affliction and pain even as medication you quicker. Keep the lube by means of the cellphone, one by means of the pc, one by means of the dvd participant, one for your nightstand....

Just a couple days. The peroxide'll hurt more than the salt, so don't worry about that. You'll be fine in time for the beach!