Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key help?

I have a Windows 7 ultimate that i bought from campus a little while back. I think i've used it on my computer at least 3 times now and a friend has used it once. How many times can I use the windows 7 product key before it stops me? i want to use it on another friends computer whose operating system is terrible. Would it work?

Update:

alright, now how about answering my question...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Rose D
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You can use it and unlimited number of times on one machine. Using it on another computer leads to one of the two activations failing and one of the two suddenly saying its not genuine and stopping working in 30 days. Attempts to use it on more machines can lead to the key being blacklisted by Microsoft and any machine using it being flagged as not genuine and again not working after 30 days.

• Jamfo
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Just stop right now... you've already admitted to software piracy on an open and moderated forum.

When you buy a copy of Windows 7, you are licensed to install the OS on ONE computer. You can uninstall it and reinstall it on your same computer as many times as you like (even though you may have to use the phone registration to do so), but the moment you start giving it away to others you are violating the EULA and are guilty of a crime.

And, yes, sooner or later your registration attempts will fail. If you have a friend with a "terrible operating system" let them go out and buy a legit copy.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i am hoping you bought windows 7 legitimately, the product key will be with the disc, if you downloaded a pirate copy of windows 7 there is nothing you can do.

• 9 years ago

So I think you need to get a windows 7 ultimate product key to help you right now!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I met the problem, too, and my friend recommended to go to Windows7onlinestore.com, they helped me resolve the problem quickly.

really a good experience to share. good luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.