Why is my 4 yr old eatting her poop?!?!?!?!?

She is 4 and a half. Has been potty trined for 2 years. will b starting school in sept of 2012. And she just told me that she forgot to tell me she had t go poop and when she went she put it in her mouth and chewed it and then she got her tooth brush and tryed to get it out her teeth! I looked in her mouth and there was poop in her teeth and I scrubed her teeth 5 times. N bathed her! But y would she do somthing lik that! She's very grown for her age. She acts like she is 7! Please someone help!

My son would eat dirt he was also 4 and switched on.

After a week of this I took him to the doctor, He proceeded to tell me that children at his age are more aware of the foods they are craving and cravings are more likely then not are a way of body telling us we are lacking in something.

He told me dirt has salt and he may be lacking in sodium or something or rather.

We followed the doctors orders and and it worked.

So if she does it again she may be lacking something in her diet also eating poo has it's risks as well.

If she starts getting a fever or sores around the mouth you should take her to see your local G.P.

All the best.

My oldest sister when she was young would eat dirt by the spoonful. I think the body can take me than we give it credit for. I'm not saying you shouldn't worry and seek professional help but don't overdo the worry. I'm sure they can help her.

I heard there is this disorder were people eat poop.

You ant blame her it tastes pretty good

Tell her she'll start pooping food if she eats poop.

shes hungry