Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

Should I come out to my parents ?

My step-mom she treats me like her own son and my dad. She I pregent now just a few weeks. I recently told my circle of friends and my older brother. He said I'm his brother and nothing will change that and if someone messed with me he will defend me. Should I tell them I'm gay

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes of course! Do not wait for the ship to come in, swim to it!

Its better you tell them yourself before they figure out from someone else. It will make your relationship with your parents better and stronger. They will feel proud that they have created a relationship with you in which you can go to them and talk to them.

• 9 years ago

If you feel like that is something you want to get off your chest go for it. They sound like they love you and while it might be a shock that wont change their love for you. Who want to live in the closet

Lv 5
    9 years ago

Its not or later, thats your choice, but since your mom's prego i suggest holding it off for a while, i dont think she needs something like that on top of a baby

• 9 years ago

You should tell them when your ready. Because eventually there has to come a time were you have to tell them. You can't keep it a secret for the rest of your life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes dont listen to anybody who says no its who u are and be proud i felt that way about what i looked like but i i know my parents family and friends still and always will love me :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes. You should. There is nothing wrong with being gay, (umm...fyi i am not...) it is just your love life. And if they don't like that. Then don't waste your time on them.

• 9 years ago

If itll make you feel better, and wont affect your parents, then sure go for it, it really depends on their personality

• 9 years ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.