Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Losing and gaining weight with stress?

I'm small and I'm not worried about my wieght but it it's dropped gone up and droped again. I'm 21 btw to and I'm healthy person. I have some issues going on with family and its been stressing me out to the point I've been crying a lot. I've never had my weight do do this :(. I'm usually around 120 give or take couple lbs I've dropped down to 110 and gained back to 125 then back down then back up within a month. :(. Idk if its serious? Should I go see a dr or is it normal and once things get better will it stop?

Favorite Answer

Its normal for weight loss/gain with stress. I wouldn't worry too much. I would try to calm down and find hobbies to do to keep you from being so stressed. I don't know what your going through but issues with family doesn't sound good. Try talking to them work out whatever is going on. Go out with friends, sit down read book, exercise, find a hobbie and stay busy. If it goes on longer then worry about seeing a dr. I would probably call one see what they have to say so you don't have to go to the drs but they would know what you can do.

• Jody

IT's not abnormal for emotions to affect appetite and weight. You don't give your height, so we cannot know your healthy weight range.

More importantly, is hydration and good nutrition when you do eat, so that you don't become malnourished or chronically dehydrated. Vitamin and mineral deficiency and hormone or electrolyte imbalances are a health concern.

It always helps to take a Vitamin-B Complex and multivitamin every day (at different times of the day). Take them with a bit of food so they metabolize correctly.

Don't be concerned if it's only been happening a month, but if it continues 3 or more months, you might consider psychiatric help.

Snap a photo of yourself once a week to know progress that will also increase your confidence level

fast food is salty food if you cut back on the salt in a few weeks youll be able to better taste the natural salts in food and may not crave the junk as much as you used to

use a vegetable bean dip such as hummus instead of ranch dressing or a fatty cream based dip

save the kitchen and the dining room table for cooking and eating try not to use it as a place to do work or other activities or you may be tempted to eat more

Try fit clothes

the mix of cardio and toning five times a week will keep metabolism humming

Go for kettlebell workouts to burn more calories in less time

visit a museum or art gallery