Can you only get pregnant on ovulation days?
- Murugesu jayaLv 69 years agoFavorite Answer
BY ALL MEANS.
All mammals (excepting Human, Bonoboo & Dolphins) copulate ONLY DURING THEIR OVULATION (=Estrus/ Heat) period and invariably they all get conceived and reproduce. Whereas human, Bonoboo and Dolphins has CONCEALED OVULATION and no pheromones released. So these mammals copulate at random and conception occurs, when the copulation coincide with their concealed ovulation.
What the Nature didn't provide, the medical fraternity has come out with the formulas:
Physical symptoms of Ovulation is almost NIL in human. Because Human, Bonoboo and Dolphins has CONCEALED OVULATION. Hence no pheromones release as in other mammals.
1. However, there are some gifted women will experience, MITTELSCHMERZ PAIN during ovulation The symptoms of MITTELSCHMERZ PAIN are:
* Pain in the lower abdomen, just inside the hip bone.
* The pain typically occurs about two weeks before the menstrual period is due.
* The pain is felt on the right or left side, depending on which ovary is releasing an egg.
* The pain may switch from one side to the other from one cycle to the next, or remain on one
side for a few cycles.
* The pain sensation varies between individuals - for example, it could feel like uncomfortable
pressure, twinges, sharp pains or cramps.
* The duration of pain ranges anywhere from minutes to 48 hours
2. Billings vaginal mucous method- Normally, the vagina will be dry.
unless she is sexually stimulated
3. Increase in cervical fluid secretion -- which many women just notice that towards the middle of their cycle they are a bit more moist. This can make sex easier because you usually don't require lubrication from outside sources. Women also report feeling more sexually attractive and attracted to your mate. The good news is that men too have the same feelings when your secretion increases.
Increase MUCOUS Cervical secretion during ovulation will give positive Spinbarkiet test. Normal cervical mucous secretion can be stretched for about 2 to 3 cm before getting ruptured. Due to increased mucoidal secretion of the cervix, the mucous may be stretched for more than 6cm.
4. Cervical position method. --You can easily check the position of your own cervix. Simply wash your hands and stick a finger or two inside your vagina and feel the cervix. When you are not fertile you will notice that your cervix is harder and not open. Your cervix will feel about the consistency of the end of your nose.
When you ovulate the cervix is easier to reach, a bit softer and slightly open to receive sperm. At this point your cervix may feel more like your ear lobe.
5. BASAL BODY TEMPERATURE shifts. If you are tracking your basal body temperatures you can see where your temperatures shift downwards then suddenly spike upwards. This is also an indication of ovulation. This requires that you take your temperature on a daily basis.
6. Luteinising Hormone Surge. This one requires testing with ovulation prediction kits (OPK). This involves spending money to purchase test kits that measure the amount of LH in your urine.
7. Saliva ferning test - Due to increase Luteinising Hormone when the saliva is dried on a glass slide and upon drying it, the saliva will arborize to a pattern of a fern leaf. The saliva arborization can be well visualize under magnifying lens.
8. Ultra Sound / Sonogram .Source(s): Medical personality.
- ?Lv 69 years ago
the day of ovulation and up to 5 days before. but yes, that's the only time. any other time the eggs wouldn't be ready or will already be gone.