Why is there a vibration on my passenger side floorboard?

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 360 Magnum, automatic transmission, and 123,000 miles. Its a little bit more noticeable at lower speed (5mph) and its more of a slight popping noise until you get to highway speed. While driving it feels like its coming from the passenger side front tire but when I was in the passenger seat it feels more like its coming from under the floorboard of the truck. It did this for the 12 hour trip I took and I still have 12 more hours of driving to do? Is the truck going to be okay until I get to where I'm going?

Favorite Answer

`it is possible a bad wheel bearing,or a brake pad and caliper,if you can you really need to try and find a reputable garage and just have them to raise it up on a lift and check that out seriously,brfore you get stranded on the side of the road somewhere like me and my wife did in the middle of the desert in Arizona,not fun at all.,,,,,,,,,,,

• PAUL P

Hi

Mite be a support under the floorboards loose or broke.

Source(s): old age
  • Pete M

You can also check for a loose or broken exhaust pipe hanger.

Could be the pipe rattling against the frame.