road rage question, nearly got into a serious road rage incident?

I was driving on the hiway today and a guy driving a BMW SUV got mad at me, in retaliation he basically tried to crash into me and then once he was infront he immeadiatly slammed on his brakes. I had to slam on my brakes and came within 2 inches of smashing into him. If a crash did happen would i be at fault because i was the one hitting the back of him?

• john
    Favorite Answer

In my opinion,you would be at fault.But by the time the police arrive he would be full of venom and the officers could see the driver instigated the accident.

In situations like you mentioned I slow down and let the hot head speed on down the road where,hopefully,an officer will pull this menace over.

Yes and no. You must always be ready to brake. If you think someone is going to cut you off in retaliation for something you did (and you should know what you did and be aware of everything you do) then you should cover the brake and get ready for it. However, it is illegal to change lanes without signalling in advance (with the signal light or hand signal) so the other driver is also at fault, but it is very difficult to prove (without a dash cam) that the other driver didn't signal.

Source(s): Traffic law

When you driving you just have to let things go. Everybody makes mistakes, but if this was to happen to you ignore them and if they jet in-front of you then just take the spot they had. One thing that's predictable about road rage is you know that they are mad and may do something crazy so you can pay extra attention to them and open spaces so you can avoid instead of wearing out your brakes. Good luck and be Safe

Devin Smith

TheCarhandbook.blogspot.com

Source(s): I am an Automotive Journalist and spend a lot of time in cars

Pending on the state which you have been working your motor vehicle in, you're able to desire to conceivably be charged with Careless using, with a average possibility of it being reported as a extra detrimental Reckless using, if the gap develop into so short that your breaking might desire to have brought about an unavoidable collision (which, I assemble, it did not.) i don't be attentive to in case you have an anger administration situation or not, yet you should be careful utilising your motor vehicle as a device for payback. If somebody receives injury (the two your objective or somebody else in yet another vehicle or in yours) and you reason that injury, you're able to desire to be arrested and charged with felonies. it is not in any respect rather well worth the prospect to spite some fool who you don't be attentive to and should not ought to ever see lower back. additionally, getting shot via some psycho over changing lanes is nearly ridiculous besides...

sadly yes. why I want to drive a tank. you try that kind of stunt I'll just run your a$$ over, bumper to bumper.

the world is unfair, I hope people like that get hit by a train and their entire family killed by a freak accident. and oh yes, their retirement savings cleaned out by a scammer. they'd deserve it.

Source(s): in Iraq we ran over people's cars with a tank because they blocked the way. I wish things were that simple here...

You would because you would rear end him simple as that you could try to argue with the police but you would still be held responsible.