Phentermine and B12 shots?

Per doctor recommendation I started Phentermine and B12 shots on Thursday I was 256lbs at 5'6". I weighed myself this morning and I am at 251.8. I am so afraid that I am losing to fast. I still eat just smaller portions and healthier choices.

A little background info, Other than being over weight I am healthy, no high blood presser etc. I have been dieting and exercising alone for 3 months and lost only 5lbs total. So you can see why it scares me to have lost almost 5lbs in 3 days.

Has anyone every taken this combo or one or the other by itself? Do you know anyone that takes them? Any positive information requested. Thanks

Favorite Answer

I'm currently taking the phentermine and B-12 shots as well, and it is a little scary how well they work. I lost 7 lbs my first week and my appetite was decimated---I practically had to force myself to eat the already reduced portions I cooked on some days. In your case, such a fast initial loss is especially expected, since there's more to lose. Luckily, as your body adjusts to it, things do level out (avg. 2-4lbs/week, depending on how far you have to go). Bear in mind that this is only meant as a jump-start to a long term weight reduction program, and should be treated that way. That being said, while you enjoy the initial speedy weight loss, this is the time to completely overhaul your diet and exercise regimen. I've been on a 1200 calorie diet and cut out ALL junk from my diet (i.e.- sugar, bread, grains, starchy veggies, most dairy. and alcohol) and I'm working out religiously 6 days a week 60-90 mins a session. Also, any negative eating patterns or thoughts toward food should be addressed and worked through as well. For this, I joined OA (overeater's anonymous). While I'm not a binger or overeater in the classical sense, it's really helping me identify certain behaviors that do keep me from attaining an ideal body weight.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I hope it helps. If you truly put in work inside and out, this will work for the better.