Considering being a dietitian as a career?

I've been wanting to do something in the medical field because I always enjoyed going to the hospital or a clinic because the people are nice, calm, smart, professional and treat you with respect. Also health occupations always seem to have jobs available with high pay and many benefits. Another thing is it seems you only need 4 years of college to become a dietitian which sounds a lot easier than 4 years plus 4 more years of med school to be a doctor or dentist. I'm also really interested in food and eating & living healthy and learning about nutritional value and eating disorders etc. I like to help people too and make people happier so I think this would be a good career for me but can some people tell me about the schooling or what it is like to be a dietitian and what are the benefits and downfalls?

I'm 18 and I will probably be going to a tech college in Wisconsin for gen eds for 6 months starting Jan. 2013. I just want to use my in state scholarship money ($1500) on gen eds. I am considering moving to California or somewhere along the coast for school in fall 2013 because I love the ocean and I don't like Wisconsin very much, there is not much here for me anymore relationship wise either. I did okay in high school, I honestly never tried that hard because I just didn't care enough, but I think I got a 3.1 GPA and a 24 on my ACT. I did take a few science classes in high school, I didn't like them that much, but not as much as I hated math. I know science is required heavily with medical degrees, but I know I can do it if I really go at it. So if anyone could recommend me some colleges along the coast or somewhere interesting to get a 4 year degree so I can start practicing as a dietitian let me know. Or any information about dietitian schooling or any advice at all would help thank you.

I do have another career I am considering and that's graphic design but that's another story...

Haha, I will never be fat, I am way too obsessed with eating healthy and exercising.

Favorite Answer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21...

this should have evrything you need to know

• Kate

Good career choice especially with so many obese kids around now. Poor nutrition ia also common with people suffering merntal health issues and Nutrition is a big part of the intervention to help them recover.

• Anko

Advice? Not to be mean, but don't get fat. Nobody wants to go to a fat dietitian. I went to one once, and it just doesn't seem right.