Can anyone rate my alto sax tone?

18 years old, high school senior. I'm using a $400 Jean-Baptise alto saxophone(don't know the exact model though). I have an Otto Link Super Tone Master metal mouthpiece. I was using size 2.5 Vandoren ZZ Reeds. The reed was pretty used so it sounded really tight and buzzy to me, I don't know if it shows though. I know it isn't technically that great, I played those licks better, but I just picked three random charlie parker licks to play 5 minutes before lol. I don't think my tone sounds good though, I also was playing a bit quiet cause it was night and I didn't want to be loud, so it's not too 'punchy' in this video, I want it to sound really pro, do I have a good and jazzy tone?? If not how can I improve my tone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmJlqF5ItI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=g-upl

Favorite Answer

it's good 8

Switching from extreme to low notes may be the region. in simple terms be confident you shop your mouth tight and extremely almost smile with the corners of your mouth pulled again. you also could favor to objective a lighter reed which will be a lot less complicated so as that you'll be able to vibrate. for sure, it can compromise tone as well. in simple terms practice and get the texture for it.

Pretty good, i'd say 7-10