How should I ask an ignorant parent to turn down the volume on her child's kids show?

This parent is allowing her child on a crowded train to basically blast.Blues Clues and shout out the answers to the show. The train conductors are completely ignoring the two and allowing them to continue. How should I tell them, in polite terms, to Shut that Bullshitty show off or at least turn down that God-awful screeching that is coming from that woman's banshee of a daughter. Thanks for the help.

Favorite Answer

Just ask her to turn it down. No need to be all elaborate about it. Some people get oblivious & start tuning stuff out when they have been over exposed to the same thing over & over. Sooooo you say "Excuse me, can you please turn down the volume on that?"

.I'd ask her nicely if she could turn it down. If she will not then I'd get ear-plugs. Or you could call the office and ask their policy of this type of noise and what the procedure is or if there is one to stop this. Proceed from there. If they have none or it's each drivers decision I'd approach the driver & ask him. If all else fails and I just couldn't deal with it anymore & can't wear ear-plugs I'd contact consumer complaints or governors hot-line & find out what can be done and/or ask them to direct me to someone else or dept. that may be able to help me. Chances are if you make a big enough stink you will get attention & situation may just get resolved. Can also put a letter in letterbox of newspaper, talk to papers/reporters. Get action - publicity. Most companies do not like public publicity especially negative kind. In anything you do I'd stick to the noise not any opinion about the program the child is watching. That obviously is not any of your business - that is up to the parent. That would be step'g over the line. Just stay with the disruption - too loud.

Just say excuse me mam can you pls turn down the tv?

Just say "hey could you turn that down please I have a headache"

• Eve

Scream "Turn that sh*t down!"