? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

if a deceased person is named as the beneficiary of an estate, who gets the proceeds?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Tricky question. Unless the beneficiary died suddenly and unexpectedly, the will may be attacked by assorted interested parties on the grounds that solicitor was negligent, in which case, insurance would cover legal fees by deceased person's heirs. Sol's ins might also cover loss of the benefit if attackers win. If so, attackers would be using Estate Administration legislation, which would apply just as if testator died without a will.

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If the estate could have been transferred before the beneficiary died, it would become part of the deceased's estate in most states. If he died before the estate could have been transferred, the deceased person would not get any benefit from the estate, and the estate would go to who ever was next in line. The results would depend upon which state the estate was located in.

• 9 years ago

I found the answer using a website called Dummies.com, this website I believe that this website is the electronic version of the series help for Dummies, those books that explain things from how to work a computer to what ever else you would need in a way a person can understand, the one that I came across is called Probing Probate. The Probate Court can be found within your local Judicial System.

Source(s): www.Dummies.com-Probing Probate, a lay persons way of navigating the Probate Proccess
  • 9 years ago

The legal Heirs of that person unless otherwise specified in the terms of the Estate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.