Do Atheists Have a Soul?

Atheists do not believe in having a soul. Could that be because they don't have one? Is it possible to lose a soul after adopting atheism?

So many atheists are conforming that they do not have a soul!

Spiritdove: You stated, "Not believing in something may or not may not make it real." But atheists would deny that.

Berns: Do I have a brain? Well, I never saw it, never felt it, but I know it works and I think it exists.

Favorite Answer

I am an atheist, and i have no soul. Plenty of Rock and Roll, but no Soul. Soul is not my favorite kind of music.

Source(s): My music collection

since a soul is assumed to be the sum of the 5 physical senses creating a personality I would assume yes they have a soul. But what is it that has the soul? Are you a spirit "animating force" having a soul? or are you a soul that contains a spirit "animating force' Now whether that soul is permanent and eternal is another question. Not believing in something may or not may not make it real. Do you think if I belive I have a million dollars I have it or will it appear? Belief is an suppose to have confidence in something .. But what is reality but relative to the observer.

Well people who believe in having a soul don't believe in using their brains to see reality. So do they have brains do they live in reality. After believing in god can you lose your brain and reality. But no we don't have a soul no one has a soul.

There are no souls so nobody, including atheists, has a soul

Everyone is a soul. Your soul is who you are. Your soul ( You) lives within your body. Your soul is there at conception living within the body being created in your mothers womb. When you are born, you take your first breath of life. When you accept Christ Jesus into your life as your savior, the "Spirit" of God comes into your body where your soul lives and stays with you.

Those that don't accept Christ Jesus, don't have the "Spirit" of God with them. All they have in their bodies is their soul. When they die, their soul move on, separated from God forever.

• punch

Depends on your definition of soul.

Prove souls exist first.

Atheists are just like anyone else. That means that if you say their soulless then you are too. Advice, don't bash and rant to intelligent people. Go evolve

Source(s): Satanist

They are a living soul. They have the breath of life in them from Adam.

All God's Children have souls. Just because some children reject the gifts God gives them does not mean that they do not have his greatest gift, even if they ignore it.