Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Are you happy in your marriage?

If not, are you thinking of divorce? Why or why not?

I ask because many couples I meet don't seem to really be compatible (unhealthy relationships), but they seem almost afraid to move on.

• Kelly
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I am.

Thank you for caring.

• n2mama

I am happy in my marriage except for my sex life. I live in what would be classified as a sexless marriage. We might have had sex a total of 10 times in the last year. Other than that, we make a good team, work well together raising the children, both have good jobs, own a home together, don't fight. And sex seems like a silly reason to divorce to some extent. At this point I wouldn't consider divorce because of so many things that would be affected, not the least of which are our children. And I might find a man who is great in bed, but lacks all of my husband's good qualities. Not worth it.

I'm not married or have never bin married but here is what I think a happy marriage is... When you're both excited about going home to meet each other because you both missed each other all day, when you're both able to communicate and express how you both feel and situations freely, also when intimacy is something that feels natural and free to you both. At times people are afraid to get divorced in a bad marriage because they are so used to having the person around. I personally feel that if things aren't working especially after you have made different attempts to resolve the issue it makes no sense to be around each other.

Hard to answer if your not a selfish person! I'm not happy however can't leave cos of my kids and I honestly don't want to hurt my husband. He loves me but over 15 years have grown apart! However not a good enough reason to leave him and destroy my kids normal family life. It's very hard to answer as u could leave but end up in a hard situation, but if u stay you live unhappily while everyone remains happy! How can u choose over your children's happiness?

I'm far far far away from being married but I do hope to have a happy marriage. :). And to have at least 2 or 3 kids (maybe 4 once we have a little more momentum in the financial department).

Source(s): A hopeful teen :P.
  • Kelly

Yes it's tough to move on for many reasons.. One is for the kids and two is fiancially... So you just stay put until kids are grown... I see this time and time again mainly it's the men who stay because they don't want to pay child support.

Not married, but was in an 'unhappy-unhealthy' relationship!

Someone has to be STRONG enough to move on!

do it quickly and enjoy ur life!

• ronbo

a happy marriage is giving. if you think what i can get out of this relationship, its doomed.

1. give your wife non- sexually affection. hold hands, flowers, massage, text her telling her you love her.

2. wives give your man the respect , take care of his sexual needs and dont nag.

good adice for both spouses.