Which laptop will be a better buy?

HP Pavilion g6z customizable Notebook PC

A2B39AV

* sweet purple

* Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

* AMD Dual-Core A4-3305M Accelerated Processor (2.5GHz/1.9GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)

* AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6000 Series Discrete-Class Graphics [HDMI, VGA]

* FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

* FREE UPGRADE to 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

* Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R)

* No additional security software

* 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 6.5 hours of battery life +++

* 15.6" High Definition HP LED Brightview (1366x768)

* SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

* HP Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone

* 802.11b/g/n WLAN

* Standard Keyboard

* HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

or

Dell - 14" Inspiron Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Diamond Black

* 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i3-2350M processor

Features a 3MB cache and 2.3GHz processor speed.

* Intel® Core™ i3 processor

Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.

* 6GB DDR3 memory

For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.

* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.

* 14" LED high-definition display

With TrueLife technology and 720p resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.

* Intel® Wireless Display

Wirelessly transmits streamed or downloaded movies, TV shows, music, photos and more from your laptop, network or the Internet to your TV (NETGEAR Push2TV adapter required, not included).

* 500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

* Intel® HD Graphics 3000

For lush images. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.

* Built-in 1.0MP high-definition webcam

With 1280 x 720 resolution makes it easy to video chat with family and friends.

* 8-in-1 media reader

Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, microSD, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats.

* 3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.

* Built-in Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 networking

Connect to the Internet without wires.

* Bluetooth interface

Easily link with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a mobile phone or MP3 player.

* Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN

For quick and easy wired Web connection.

* Weighs 5 lbs. and measures just 1.2" thin

For easy portability.

* Long battery life

Of up to 5 hours and 32 minutes to give you more time away from an outlet.

* Switchable lid design

Provides a personalized look (interchangeable lids not included).

* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

* Software package included

With Microsoft Office Starter 2010 (product key card required for activation; sold separately).

* ENERGY STAR qualified

Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.

* Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

I really just want a good performing laptop that will last me awhile. I will mainly need it for school stuff and possibly gaming in the long run but I have a budget. The HP for me is actually cheaper but which one do you guys think will last longer and is better? The dell is like 45 dollars more.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

HP Laptops are very fragile , and cannot be used for gaming, and the battery is so bad , it finishes in like 4 to 5 hours , I prefer buying the dell , since their ram is the same , and the graphics, in dell is better, cuz AMD isn't good at all.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Here is the best laptop for you Get latest and branded Dell Inspiron 15R for only $699 from Microsoft Store.

**Students: Purchase this LAPTOP and get a Xbox 360 4 GB Console free

Offer limited time only check it now happy shopping :)

The stylish Dell Inspiron 15R makes an excellent choice to handle your everyday computing needs. It comes with a speedy Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost and 6 GB of RAM, giving you loads of power and performance for heavy multitasking loads. Its 15.6-inch display is great for viewing multiple open windows, and provides a crystal-clear picture for movies and web content.

• 750 GB hard drive gives you plenty of room for hundreds of thousands of photos, music files, and HD video

• SRS Premium Sound delivers an immersive surround-sound experience with rich, deep bass

• Two USB 3.0 ports charge devices and transfer files 10 times faster than USB 2.0

• First-rate video performance with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M hybrid graphics.

DISPLAY | 15.6 in widescreen LCD (1366 x 768) with TrueLife panel

PROCESSOR | Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10 GHz

MEMORY | 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz

HARD DRIVE SIZE | 750 GB SATA 5400 RPM

OPERATING SYSTEM | Windows 7 Home Premium

PC TYPE | Notebook

OPTICAL DRIVE | 8x tray-load CD/DVD burner (dual layer DVD+/-R drive)

MEDIA DRIVE | 8-in-1 memory card reader

AUDIO | High Definition Audio 2.0 with SRS Premium Sound

VIDEO | Intel HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M hybrid graphics with 1 GB memory

PORTS | 2 USB 3.0 • 2 USB 2.0 (1 regular, 1 combo eSATA) • HDMI • Headphone output • Microphone input • VGA • RJ-45 (10/100/1000)

BATTERY | 6-cell lithium-ion (up to 6 hours)*

CAMERA | 1.3 MP HD webcam

WIRELESS | 802.11b/g/n • Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) capable (separate adapter required)

BLUETOOTH | Yes

DIMENSIONS | 14.80 x 10.30 x 1.40 in (375.92 x 261.62 x 35.56 mm)

WEIGHT | 5.80 lbs (2.63 kg)

COLOR | Black.

http://www.microsoftpromotionalcode.com/index.html

• 9 years ago

You know that refurbish laptop has had some problem and has been repaired: also the guarantee is only 90 days VS 1 year from a non refurnish laptop..

For my part I wouldn't touch any of these laptop (acer, hp, dell, gateway, compaq) with a ten foot pole especially the refurbish ones.

• 9 years ago

the key to buy a good PC which you can play games is how good the video card is. nvidia 5 series and up is good, a slow computer won't have a good video card

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Good! Good of computer course also need good key, we shop's key of cheap and 100% genuine. http://www.mswindowskey.com/

• 9 years ago

I'd get the second one.

• 9 years ago

Please i need to know too!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.