Swinging asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

What can I do to make my hair thicker?

I have very thin hair, which I do not like because it ends up pressed flat against my head. Is there any cut or treatment I can do to get thicker hair? If not, is there anything I can do that would give it volume?

Favorite Answer

A lot of it has to do with nutrition. In the website below it gives a list of nutrients that are good for making healthy hair. Genetics also have a lot to do with hair thickness, if that is the case, the only thing you can really do is try being very gentle with your hair so that it doesn't shed as quickly. Moisturizing your scalp and hair can help to slow down the hair shedding process as well. Try oiling your scalp and hair once every week or so with a mixture of castor oil and olive oil (because castor oil by itself gets too sticky). Castor oil has been known to promote hair growth and keep hair healthy and thick. I usually oil my hair then take a shower after letting it soak for 3-12 hours. It really has helped my hair look healthier and thicker.

I have heard that it is good to eat plenty of onions and garlic because those help to kill bacteria that sometimes cause hair to fall out sooner than it should. Tea tree oil applied to the scalp also helps with the same thing.

Take a look at the youtube video below, it has some good advice for keeping hair from falling out and promoting thickness.

Hope this helps! Have a great day! :)

I have super fine hair too. Cut it in layers, they dont have to be short, but it really helps. I also use the aussie volume shampoo and conditioner and the garnier extreme volume root lifting gel. If you have time, blow dry your hair upside-down and flat iron that way too. You can tease your hair if you want, but I dont like to knot it and its bad for it

:)

Source(s): my hair