Belly button problems!?

So Ive had mine pierced for 3 weeks now, and Ive changed it already. BUT before you say anything my piercer told me to take it out when I shower after a week and give it a good cleaning. which DOES help because i can clean the hole and get rid of lint, dirt and crusties n stuff. so I decided, If I can take it out why can't I change it. so after 2 weeks I changed it and so far so good. its not even the slightest bit infected.

1. how do you care for yours?

2.When did you change it

3.What stores sell the best belly rings (not online)

4. what do I do about beach volleyball?

You think? It looked like an okay place to me, everything was sterile and individually packaged with expiry dates, and he told me to keep it in I just couldnt haha

Favorite Answer

Your piercer is stupid. You are not supposed to take the piercing out to clean it, that's why it's pierced with either a CBR (Captive Bead Ring) or a longer barbell. Sounds like you went to a chop shop. And changing it that soon, you'll be lucky if you don't end up with an infection.

EDIT: You said he told you to take it out to clean it -- that is a completely ignorant thing to tell someone and a great way to get an infection. When I did piercings, I told my clients that they can't take it out for at least a month and to clean it while the barbell is in place, not removing it. Sounds to me like your piercer was/is very uneducated.

Source(s): ex-professional body piercer