Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

what can i do to be happy since i have family problems?

for 10 years ive lived in fear of my parents.. whether they kno this or not, they find it all bullshit and lies. they think i want them to feel bad for me. yes, my dad has done a lot for me. yes, he has paid for me things that i need the most. but he hates me the most as well. he picks my step mom over me. always had. we are not like a family anymore. i wrote all things because i moved the temperature of the thermostat upstair in the family room to 73 degress because its hott but its on auto just like she wanted. so she came upstairs and looked at the temperature. and told me (with an attitude) to not touch the temperature. it has to be 83. i got mad because im hott in my room most of the time. and she told me to open the window, which it is still hot outside. so that leaves me not touching the temperature ever again. i told my dad about it. and he didnt take it well. he was mostly mad at me for tattle tailing and he said. that im a liar, im bullshiting.. and he doesnt want to see my face again, that i hate her blah blah blah. this problem ive been having for 10-11 years and im soooo sick of it. im 21 years old trying to finish my beauty school and get a license so i can have a good job. i cant even face them in the house when theyre having breakfast. i either have to have it earlier than them or afterwards, for different reasons. they like to spend more time together where its only her, my dad, and my brother. thats its. thats how they eat breakfast, go out, dine, cook together, spend time together, watch tv together. thats not my kind of family. im so heartbroken at this. i want to move out, but my school is important to me.. im close to graduating soon. you might think theres something about me that is bothering them. but i clean my room, my car is clean. yes i havent done well in college but thats because i wasnt in the best field for myself. i wanted to do something i loved. i also play piano, sing.. and i have students for that too. sometimes i just feel like i want to leave the country and live in the place where i can be happy. because i have neeeeever been happy in my life except my childhood. thats it. they dont accept me the way i am. i am a burden and a black sheep to them. i am nothing and no one. one time i talked to this izraelian woman at walgreens and i told her that i was looking for a job while im in school.. and i told her that im just upset cuz of my family.. but that wasnt random of me saying right as soon as i came up to her.. i told her it at the middle of our conversation. she told me to not worry about them, dont stress about them.. becuase that was actually where my stress was coming from was from my family problems. she said she old had family problems in israel and she had to leave them, and forget them. (she wouldnt tell me personal details) she would come to america and she had her daughter here and thats all she cares about is being happy for herself and her daughter. i mean that wasnt a suggestion for me but that was to make me feel about about my horrible situation. i allllways think that maybe i should forget about them and cut them outta my life once my career is going well and i find a guy that i can marry. but that horrible to do, no matter how much pain theyve put me thru. im in pain. and all i want to do is be happy. thats all i want to be.. but im not. so im lost in life. not knowing what to do anymore.

• Favorite Answer

He gives you what you want and that great. He choose his WIFE because adults first because adults usually do the right thing. Maybe you want the cake and eat it too.

Love your family. Maybe your step-mother is a little harsh but I'm pretty sure there is not so good blood starting from you for picking on her. As you know to be perfect is not easy. They do things by themselves because maybe you said no or always look for the negative. Start being a positive, helpful, nice, loving person and in time things will change. Help THEM out, look out for them, so people will look out for you. Respect your parents and focus on you not your brother.

You are what you believe so believe your doing a good job. Every dad wants there son to be a MLB player, but your dad just want you to be happy and a loving person.

So try above.

On another note you seem to be a very nice person, so I like to add that what ever person you want a serious relationship with, take your time (years) and really really really see if this is the person you will spend your whole life with. If you can even better never get married and just enjoy your life with nothing serious, make sure the other party knows your intentions. I also like to add though, in marriage it is a different kinda love, a very valuable kinda love. Always do whats best for everyone like what you did when you asked this question,

Try your best. Love like you never love before. This is the best way for love to come and start surrounding your life. May love be around you, through you and is you.

Love and the Good Life will come

P.S. Email me if you have another further statements glhww@yahoo.com

P.P.S. More & daily words of encouragements TWITTER my account is = @glhww

P.P.P.S. Majority of my answers are for the majority, there are many variables to consider always

P.P.P.P.S. Click on the Yahoo Answers Ads to support this very cool program

Sorry, everyone is upset bz of your brother's moves---he is a threat to grandparents, if this habits continues, your brother would ought to be hospitalized so team spirit can reunite your loved ones. Consider that it is not in regards to the individual but of the chance your grandparents--your brother is unstable so lets see how the remedy goes. He'll have got to take it for all his existence regrettably, he's going to feel better bz of the meds and will obviously stop taking them that allows you to make your brother begin his abusive and violent behaviors. Your aunts are involved about your grandparents getting harm once more even if he is doing better, they're going to constantly be in a dangerous atmosphere

• Kelly

Focus on getting your beauty license and a good job after too... Once you have that, you'll be relieved and then move out if you wish.. You don't have to leave the country.