Custody of an unborn child?!?

ok so i am 4 months pregnant and the babys father and i are not together. but since i will b breastfeeding we both think its best i have custody. reason being is because his parents really dislike me and think it will b staying with them some which is not true. to keep from having confrontation with them we were gonna go ahead and sign for me to have custody and him have anytime open visitation. is it possible to do this while pregnant or do we have to wait until its born?! thanks!

6 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Logically, I would think you have to wait until the child is born. Legally, it's not a person yet.

    (Don't all you anti-choice people get your undies in a twist. If a fetus were legally a person, you'd be able to drink when you're 20 years, 3 months, vote at 17 years, 3 months, etc.)

    I don't think custody will be an issue since you both agree about it, but you would be entitled to child support. This is his child; if he's going to have "open visitation," he needs to contribute to the support of this child.

    You're only 4 months pregnant and you're already not with the father of this child. What was this, a one-night stand? Custody is the least of your--and your future child's--problems.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    Nobody other than the mother can take custody before the child is born. If somebody else managed to get custody while the baby was still in utero, we would have an abortion on our hands.

  • 9 years ago

    Custody from the moment you give birth(since you are not married to the father), you will have sole custody of the child. When he puts name on the birth certificate as the father, his custodial rights will be the same. Since it is obvious(at the moment), you are both thinking about each other, he should put his name on the birth certificate. Don't shut him out of custodial rights on account of his parents.

  • Mr.357
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    The two of you can agree to do what ever the hell you want to do and the courts do not have to get involved unless the two of you have differences.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

    you have to wait till the babys born

  • Paula
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

    You don't have to do anything unless the "babys father" objects.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.