If I don't like him romantically now, do you think my feelings will build later?

There is this guy that I met at church a few weeks ago. So far we've been talking on the phone and he's been really sweet. He texts me everyday and (we spoke on the phone once so far) today he even showed up to church and gave me a bouquet of roses, put gas in my car, and took me out to dinner afterwards. I know that he really likes me and is looking to settle down eventually. I've told him that I'm really not ready to be with anyone right now (but eventually want to settle down too), but open to building our friendship. I also told him that I'm not trying to string him along and that I'm just really not trying to rush things. He's been very respectful of my feelings. He seems reallly sweet, but right now I really don't feel any romantic attraction towards him. Is it because we just met a few weeks ago? Do you think those feelings will come later?

Favorite Answer

I think you don't have any romantic feelings yet because you've made yourself think that you're not ready.. So because you're not ready, you're not going to have deep feelings for him yet until you are ready. Get me?

I understand how hard it is to turn down nice guys! I'd ask him to just be friends for awhile until you get to know each other. Sometimes connections happen instantly and sometimes they're built over time. Maybe, in time, you'll grow to like, love, and/or respect him and if you're meant to be together he'll still feel the same way.

I'm going to bed now so I'll include you in my bedtime prayers :)