what are the chances of me getting sick from eating very undercooked chicken?

my sister had a bbq today and the piece of chicken i got was quite raw but i didn't realize it until i had already had eaten a few big bites. (it didn't seem quite right but it had bbq sauce on it so i just wasn't sure and then my sister was like let me see that. omg its really not done! i stopped eating it at that point.

should i be expecting food poisoning?

how long does it take for the symptoms to show up? (this was 8hrs ago at this point and i feel fine)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's possible, but slight that you would come down with salmonella. One area of possible contamination is in the processing of the birds when a bunch of them are placed in a big vat for cleaning. If just one bird is contaminated they can all become contaminated on their exposed surfaces. Under cooking should kill most of the bacteria but no guarantee of complete sterilization.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Color is a negative indicator of whether or not hen is completed or not. Using a thermometer is a fool proof means of making definite your hen is completed. 165 degrees on the thermometer and bird is done, it doesn't matter what colour. Will you get sick? Almost always now not. Not all bird is contaminated and you don't really recognize for sure if the bird was underneath cooked or not.

• 9 years ago

Try and get alot of sleep so your immune system is at its strongest.. And ''the chances'' is abit of a bad way too ask, you could get food poisining from taking one small nibble, or you could eat nearly the whole thing and be totally fine it all depends on where the poisonous bacteria is.. But any signs of you feeling ill you should go see a doctor :)x

Source(s): General Knowledge
  • 9 years ago

The worst risk is salmonella. Food poisoning tends to come on rather quickly. You might want to research salmonella for the symptoms and ket an eye out for them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Probably get sick withinthe next few days

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Easy as ABC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.