Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

YA Users: do you like that trolls now can no longer flood your answers with 'thumbs downs' or is this bad ...?

because Yahoo Answers no longer allows one to disagree with an answer (limits your right to express yourself)?

Thoughts?

Yahoo Answers is changing its rating systems and in some computers the ability to give a thumbs down has been removed and not in others. Nevertheless, they're phasing it out.

• Martin
    Favorite Answer

I regularly answer questions in the Gambling, Software and Math sections of yahoo and this is a disastrous change.

Users constantly give wrong information (and they can sound really legit to those who don't greatly know about the topic at hand) all the time, and sometimes on purpose for fraudulent reasons - this is especially true in the Gambling sections, where wrong advice can mean hundreds of dollars wasted.

It is important that we always have the ability to disagree (thumbs down) to prevent miss information from spreading.

In the Software section, many people fraudulently recommend malicious programs that harm computers, but since the community is educated, those answers are quickly thumbed down, indicating to the uneducated asker (I'm not saying that as an insult) that the given program is bad.

What if in one of the medical sections, someone recommends something harmful? Yes we could report it, but we all know than many reported answers take a long time to get removed. Someone suggested just editing your answer, but only those who answered will be able to edit their answers, and few people answer if someone has already given a correct answer. Therefor, the power of numbers will not get into affect and the asker may just not believe that ONE guy who stated in his answer that Jimmy's suggestion is harmful.

It is extremely important that we can always thumbs people down, but now we can't. I hope there's a huge protest because this is really bad...

If we have an "I agree" button, we should have a "I disagree" and a "this answer is wrong" button as well..

Although some people do abuse the thumbs down, I do not feel the majority do. I think it is important to have a rating system that users can identify offensive, bad, and incorrect answers. With out that ability the whole system is a lot less useful, but like another user said I don’t feel like I have a voice and yahoo who will do whatever it wants.

Oh well, if they ditch a rating system that allows users to mark bad answers, its just one more excuse to stop using yahoo altogether as answers is one of the main reasons I have kept my account.

Im a Christian, yet i be attentive to and comprehend that individuals have diverse religions. & i don't thumbs down for that. the only way i might thumbs down somebody, is that if shall we are saying, an athiest, suggested some thing offencive approximately what i think in. I in many cases basically thumbs down stupid solutions, and trolls.

• V

What do you mean that they no longer allow one to disagree with an answer? I still see the thumbs down and anyone can disagree if they want.

Thumbs downs work perfectly for me.

• Thor

hahahaha! I can still thumbs down!!!!!

Except, i never did in the first place so it doesn't matter.

I want some hot popcorn right now..

IM CRAVING BlTCHE

I want some hot popcorn right now..

IM CRAVING BlTCHE

I think it's the best thing ever!

it's like the end of an era... !