discouraged from reporting sexual abuse by police?

Last week I went to report the guy who sexually abused me, but I felt the police woman wasn't taking me serious, she asked why all of a sudden was I reporting after so long, told me it could open up a can of worms and kept asking if I really wanted to do this.. I kinda felt like I was a criminal.. she told me to come back on Tuesday and she would take my statement.. now I'm wondering if i should or not? she made me feel awful.. and I'm more worred now because I know I'll have to go into extreme detail :( any advice?

See a counselor who specializes in sexual assault.

There's a lot that goes into reporting. I know other who answer this are going to say that you must report, but it's not that simple. There's a lot that goes into making the decision. That's why I've always thought that it's better to see a counselor first. You can talk about it and work it through and decide what's best for you.

I think most rape victims who report are happy that they did. It gives them a feeling of taking their lives back.

The longer you wait the harder it is to recover evidence, and the rate of conviction for this types of charges are significantly lower. She's probably being rude because she thinks this case isn't going to go anywhere and it's just a waste of resources, but needless to say, it's not her job to worry about any of that. She's being paid to provide a service, and if she wants to keep her job, she needs to do her job.

Wow what a terrible cop! Reporting sexual abuse isn't simple using fact you're able to desire to flow into element and repeat it persistently. i could flow with the aid of with it yet call for to communicate to somebody who cares and not that horrid bitxh!

Report it.