how to get sand out of the bottom of an in ground pool?

there is sand at the bottom of my pool and i tried to use the pool vacuum to get it out but nothing happened. what should i do?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • rowlfe
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A pool vacuum is a form of "jet pump" called an eductor. Unlike a vacuum cleaner in your home, if uses a jet of water from a pump into a strange funnel shape into a cloth bag. The jet of water causes a low pressure area which sucks up water and solid materials off the bottom. The water is filtered and returned to the pool, leaving the solid material in the cloth filter. There are various different configurations of physical piping and such, but the principle is the same, the jet of water flowing into the weird shape funnel, causes the jet of water to drag water along with it, forming a low pressure area at the funnel entrance. If your pool vacuum is not picking up and filtering out the sand, then your pool vacuum is NOT working... Is the pump running? Is there adequate flow from the pump into the jet nozzle? Is the filter clogged?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

sounds like there is a crack inside your sand filter allowing it to discharge sand into the pool, fix that then just vacuum the sand

• 9 years ago

Pool vacuum from walmart about 60 bucks Works great Hook it to your filter pump

• 4 years ago

What we continually did grew to become into use the vacuum head and hose, submerged in the pool and stress the hose resign hand down into the water. this could fill the hose, that then you definitely hide the open end including your palm and place under the pool on the floor, then launch the water so it flows out. This creates a siphon which you will in essence "vacuum" the pool yet makes use of distinctive water. you ought to use a backyard hose in the comparable thank you to create the siphon yet then you particularly will want a carry on with the hose taped or tied to it to place the hose end close to the sand to suck it out. this device will take longer yet you will have much less water to fill up while executed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

clean the filter for your vacuum.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.