Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

How could I get tampons without my mom knowing?

So I got my period when I was 10 and now I'm 13. My mom knows and makes me use pads. Personally, I think pads are messy and smell bad. But of course she thinks tampons are dangerous and says I can't use them. ( she has never used tampons cuz she is from the phillipenes and now she dosnt get her period any more ). So I can't get to the store easily from my house and I need to know how to get tampons before FINAL exams because my friends and I are going to be hanging out after we finish and I don't want to have to walk around with a huge messy pad and feel like I'm sitting on a log! Anything would be appreciated!!!! :)

I totally agree, i dont like pads at all, the stink and feel like your wearing a nappy. The best thing i ever did was change to tampons, they are so good. You could get your good friend to buy you a pack when she buys hers then just pay her back. If i was you i wouldnt wear a tampon for the first time a day that u that important (like hanging with your friends) becuase the first couple times you will feel it because your muscles arent use to it. You couls also ask family members. I am sure you probable have but you should really try and talk your mum into it and even get a family member of hers to back you up. Hope this helps and good luck.

Your kind of out of luck. If you cant get to a store then how else could you get them. Have your best friends mom take you to the store and ask to go in alone. Or if your mom has to go somewhere near a store ask to go and tell her hr gunna look around at the store and just buy tampons and hide then in a purse or backpack. I hear you tho, pads suck alot!! I just bought tampons myself because i cant handle pads!! If you wanna talk more email me at karinawilson11@gmail.com and btw im also 13

Go to a friend and ask for a few, also bring like 6 bucks in quarters to buy tampons from the machiens ing the bathrooms

Well tampons can be dangerous depending on what brand you buy. Tell her that as long as you get 100% cotton ones they are safe. and if not try and get a friend to buy you some.

Ask a good friend to borrow one. That will help for the day