Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 9 years ago

A question about a questionable decision, was it or not?

I've heard on television and the media that in the Philippines they are claiming the decision was wrong about the fight between Manny Pacquaio and Timothy Bradley. They go so far as to claim "corruption" in boxing.

Now isn't that funny? Isn't it like your @SS telling your hand it "stinks".?

You would think the Philippines would be used to corruption by now. Just recently a bunch of corrupt politicians convicted another corrupt one of being corrupt.

so is this a case of "what goes around comes around"?

88 Keys, You are not me. It's an open subject of conversation and nothing more. So don't worry about it, ok.

clncarplz, I don't care if it was 10 judges. I don't have to accept their decision. Another example of thge majority being wrong.

Favorite Answer

You are right. People in the Philippines should be used to corruption. Your example is proof.

Boxing is corrupt. I always was and always will be. This is nothing new it is just done differently now.

I've seen too many fights decided by corrupt ringside judges.

It used to be the referee who would take the money under the table. Then they went to judges and it's them who decide.

So, what do you think a COMPUBOX does? Do you know?

I do not know how a box can tell if a punch landed or not. Only the boxer receiving the punch and the one delivering it can tell how hard it was.

Amir Khan lost a fight because of unfair refereeing by taking away points during the fight.

I didn't Pay to View the fight and I never will.

Just my 2 cents from an Irish lad.

I don't think it's necessarily a case of "what goes around comes around".

Any time that people are unhappy with decisions like this, they always find a way to argue that it was a wrong decision. Some people can't accept defeat. It seems like Manny accepted it just fine, but many others can't. If it was the other way around, you can bet that there would have been people thinking the same thing in relation to Bradley.

Nevada Boxing Commission is corrupt. You just have to look at the bouts by Mayweather that he won when he should have lost. Look at Manny vs Marquez, then this last fight. I'm surprised no one can see the pattern.

Just like Don King used to say " Only in America".

If you can't read between the lines then go back to school.

• !

it seems to me, they only voiced out their opinion that Manny is the winner, but I don't think they will formally sign a complain about the final results. I may be wrong though. It's their openness for a rematch that tells me they won't.

Karma daw sabi nila, pero hindi naman.

Ang totoo, maraming natalo sa pustahan dito, hindi kagaya ng sa korapsyon malawakan pero bulag ang uto utong Pilipino sa gawain ng mga pulitiko sa paniniwala na ang mga nakaupo sa gobyerno ay mga bayani na siyang magliligtas sa mamamayan sa kahirapan. Daig pa nila ang asong ulol na handang mangagat kahit kapwa nila aso.

Sa pustahan lang dilat ang tayong bayan.

Totoo yan!

At the very least, we can be thankful that the 2 boxers took it in stride. Bradley was very humble that night with his victory, and Pacquiao was humble as well in defeat.

• Tootoy

People react to disappointing events in various ways. Beginning today, I will not watch any more boxing - period. Thanks to all the cheats, the fixers, the boxing judges, Bob Arum, and so forth, I've had enough. If I were you, I'd let the issue rest.

They have 3 judges to decide who is the winner so we must accept their decision.

Bradly won.

Good to know that you know more that all the professionals. LOL

Bradly won.

This just goes to show that boxing has progressed up to the level of WWE.