should I report for sexual assault?

I was at my apartment last night and I live there with my friend. Well my two friends decided to go out drinking while I was at the apartment. At 4:30 a.m. I was awoken by some random guy spooning against me in my bed... I know for a fact that he's 22..I'm 18... I vaguely remember where he touched me but now thinking about it.. I know he did... I screamed at him to get out and he did... but now thinking back it's really bothering me that he might've done something to me.... should i report this?

6 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Definitely confront him about it, tell people at least.

    Reporting it is up to you.

    The majority of the public (who likely haven't experienced that first hand) will scream at you to report it, etc. etc.

    You need to talk to someone about it though, something like that can certainly weigh your mind down, just do a google search for your area for victim's of sexual crimes and look for the not for profit organizations that are there to help and aid you in the right directions. Where I am (canada) they offer free counselling services and help you determine if reporting and going through the entire process is what you really want, and help you process the whole thing, during the reporting stages, etc.

    That's awful what he did, and before he comes back to say that he was drunk...being drunk or high is not grounds for dismissal in way shape or form.

    Do what you feel comfortable with though.

  • 9 years ago

    I can't understand why this is a question.

    The serious nature of what happened, is not like deciding whether your sunny-side up eggs taste good for breakfast!!!! Or whether you like or don't like a song by Ja Rule!!!!

    This is a criminal issue and what you should do is obvious!!!!!

    As for getting him charged with sexual assault, that is a matter of definition by the state Supreme Court. What the guy, sounds more like it falls under sexual molestation. Unless there are details you did not disclose.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    Maybe the guy got the wrong apartment.

    But seriously, if you feel violated, you should report sexual abuse. If you know who it is, confront them about it. Tell them they can't do that.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    I would. If anyone touched me in any inappropriate way then i definitely call the cops.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    At least criminal tresspass. Talk to a lawyer.

  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

    YES, you should report it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.