1991 honda civic fast idle valve?

Where is the fast idle valve located on the dx or ex model year 89-91??? I found the fast idle on my si model but its different on the base model for some reason.

either one of these models should be the same I think.

ex,lx,cx, and base where can I look for the fast idle valve on these models? Thanks any answers appreciated.

• Juan
    Favorite Answer

base models have no fast idle valve.

if the rpm are going up and down inspect the water level in the system and have it bled. there might be air in it. if you are messing with the timing or adjusting the idle you are doing something wrong. do not adjust the throttle cable to adjust the idle. it will throw off the tps sensor. use the idle screw.

if adjusting idle at the idle screw or timing don't forget to jump the ECU or you will waste your time.

btw you know that the IACV needs to be unplugged when adjusting the idle right? no punn intended just checking.