How does the bible describe hell? What's it like?

I experienced hell when I almost died. I want to know if what I felt was real. I used a drug (am2201) and overdosed. I went to an awful place and watched myself third personally watching myself use the drug. The worst pain ever the only way to describe it is it was a very old style pain. It was the worst suffering I have ever felt.. It was like a game. There were no words or images just me remembering all the sins I have commited. You will never understand... Was this hell. I just knew it was. The pain was just so bad I begged and begged to not exist or to go to heaven anything but that. No one should half to feel that place... Ik I'm crazy I'm a high school kid with a 33 act score and very popular I'm not stupid or insane I really just tripped hard

Favorite Answer

Are you off your meds again? Shame on you. Now take your meds and go back to sleep.

That is a good place to start....asking how the BIBLE..not experiences...not feelings...etc....how does the BIBLE describe Hell...

Some Questions to ask yourself.

1. How come God told Adam and Eve they would die if they disobeyed? He never mentioned anything about torturing them forever.

2. How come in the entire Law and well the Old Testament not once is anything about being tortured forever in fire mentioned? Surely when God was setting out His blessings and cursings, He would have mentioned it.

3. Why does God say in Ezekial that the soul that sins it shall DIE? (Eze 18:4)

4. Why does God say we should choose between life or death? Why not life or eternal torture? (Deut 30:19)

5. Why does the Bible mention that the wicked will be turned into ashes? If the wicked are being kept alive forever and ever, then they would not be ashes. (Malachi 4:1-3)

6. How come no where in the Bible is it taught that the wicked or unrepentant are immortal? How come only Christians will become immortal?

7. Why does Jesus plainly speak of the destruction of the soul? (Matthew 10:28)

8. If the wages of sin was eternal torture, then Jesus would have to be tortured right now and throughout all eternity in order to pay for our sins in full. Yet Jesus is not being tortured right now nor will be ever. So if the wages of sin is eternal torture, then Jesus did not pay for our sins in full. That means we ALL will still have to suffer for eternity.

However, the Bible is clear in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is DEATH. Jesus died for our sins. Jesus paid for our sins in FULL.

9. I John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

What does the verse above say? Does it say, "He that hath the Son hath life, and he that hath not the Son of God will be tortured for eternity?"

No. It says He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. In other words, If ya have Jesus, ya have life. If ya don't have Jesus, ya don't have life. What do you have when you don't have life? Death!

10. Jeremiah 17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Is Jerusalem burning right now?

11. Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Sodom and Gomorrha suffered the vengeance of eternal fire. Are they still burning? Or did both towns get completely destroyed by the fire?

12. Jesus talks about eternal punishment in Matthew 25. Notice how it says punishMENT not punishING. It is eternal in the sense that those who are punished, who are destroyed shall NEVER live again.

13. There is the Parable of the Rich man and Lazarus....but where in there does it say that the man is ETERNALLY tormented in the flames?

Please study these scriptures.

Psalm 37:10

This cannot be true if the wicked will be kept alive in a torture chamber forever...We would know EXACTLY where they are. However, since the wicked will be destroyed, then this verse makes perfect sense.

Isaiah 66:24

Are carcases alive or dead?

More info

http://jeremyandchristine.com/articles/eternal.php

.

Hell in the Bible

The word “hell” is used 54 times in the Bible. It is translated from several different words with various meanings, as indicated below:

In the Old Testament:

• 31 times from the Hebrew “Sheol,” which means “the grave”

In the New Testament:

• 10 times from the Greek “Hades,” which means “the grave”

• 12 times from the Greek “Gehenna,” which means “a place of burning” (This was the city dump where the dead beggars were thrown, i.e. a burial place.)

• 1 time from the Greek “Tartarus,” which means “a place of darkness” specially prepared for angels that have sinned.

Hell-fire What is that ?

Most people misunderstand the nature of Hell-fire. You say He doesn't HAVE to let people go there. So you think it's better for those people just to suffer in sin?

According to the Bible, Hell-fire does not yet exist, but will at the end of the Millennium. When people die (both the righteous and the wicked they go to their grave = hell), they do not go directly to Heaven or Hell-fire, nor do they "float around" as ghosts. They both remain in the grave, in a state of "sleep" where they have absolutely no consciousness of anything, nor the passage of time, until Christ returns. At that time, Christ will resurrect the Saved of all time back to permanent, physical life and take them with Him to Heaven, while the Wicked living at that time will be slain by the brightness of His coming. Both they and the Wicked dead of all time shall remain dead for another 1,000 years. During that time, all life on this Earth will be dead, and Satan will be trapped here on this dark, dismal planet littered with corpses during that Millennium. At the end of the 1,000 years, Christ will return with His Saved to judge the wicked (who will be resurrected into their old, mortal bodies), including Satan and his angels. Every person will see every sin they've ever committed. Satan will attempt to lead them in an attack on the New Jerusalem, but then Hellfire will rain down from Heaven and consume them all. They will be instantly and permanently incinerated, never to exist again. They will NOT be "tortured forever", as the pagan idea of Catholicism suggests. This is not scriptural. Even Satan and his angels will be destroyed in the fires of Hell-fire; he will NOT be tending it, poking people with a pitchfork!

The fire will completely cover planet Earth from pole to pole, burning up EVERYTHING, even the elements themselves, and all the ocean water will be evaporated. It will completely remove all trace of sin and sinners forever. Once its work is finished, it will burn out on its own. Some people use the Biblical verse that says the fire will be "unquenchable", but that only means that it cannot be PUT out, but it will burn out on its own.

Once this fire has burned out, then God will set about to re-creating the Earth the way it was in the Beginning - perfect, beautiful and unspoiled. Then the Saved of all time will be allowed to live on it, and build permanent homes and grow their own food. All the animals will be friendly, even former meat-eaters. I'm really looking forward to it.

.

Source(s): May God bless you as you study His Word <:SDA>< King James Bible

Check out Bill Wiese's 23 Minutes in Hell. It's not a NDE, but what he describes as "out of body experience". Whether you believe him or not, what is chilling is that every thing he describes experiencing in hell can be backed up by scripture. I should warn, it is disturbing -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjjBRfvKXa4

Youtube thumbnail

Hell as described by the Bible is a place that full of fire .

And the sinner will "taste a deadfull pain but never end"

read Mathew 5 ; 22.

Please stop using drugs . It deliver you in bad condition for health and wealth.

YESUS BLESS HIS PEOPLE.

It doesn't.

As you can plainly see in the answer given by @Whispering Trees, the word is used a few times, but, not once is it described.

That response is like saying "You will go to Never Never land"...

but never once mentioning Pirates or Mermaids or Fairies or Lost Boys.

Scriptures describing Hell

Psa. Ch.9 V;17

The wicked shall be turned to Hell, and all nations that forget God.

Psa. Ch. 55 V: 15

Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick to Hell.

Esekiel Ch. 31 V: 16

I made the nations shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to Hell, with them that descend into the pit.

Matt. Ch. 5 V: 29-30

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, for it is better that one of thy members perish and not that thy whole body be cast into Hell.

Rev. Ch.19 V: 20

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he decieved them that had recieved the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped the image of the beast, these both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev. Ch. 20. V: 14-15

And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire, this is the second death.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life were cast into the lake of fire.

• belton

The typographical image of the "Christian" hell is derived from Greek Pagan literature. i don't understand plenty approximately Zoroastrianism, yet i could think of their concept of hell finally additionally comes from the Greeks and Pagans. It became into not a Hebrew thought, and doubtless not a sparkling testomony thought, the two. Hell interior the bible is often linked with fire, besides the incontrovertible fact that. i think of there are possibly 4 unique mentions of hell (Gehenna or Hades) with the aid of Jesus. There are extra recorded mentions, yet as 3 of the gospels are corresponding to a minimum of one yet another, most of the statements are deemed to have been mentioned with the aid of better than one author. Gehenna became into possible a rubbish sell off outdoors of Jerusalem in the time of Jesus' day, the place trash became into burned. It became into actual a region of idol worship in Israel's history the place infants and young ones have been offered up with the aid of fire (alive) to Molech. Jesus warns that this is extra clever to cut back your arm off if it "makes" you sin than to be solid entire into the Gehenna of fire the place the malicious application does not die and the fire isn't quenched. There are additionally photographs of an outer darkness the place "there will be weeping and gnashing of tooth," possibly relating the comparable place. fire is a metaphor interior the Bible for purification different than in some circumstances wherein undemanding fire is mentioned. The Greek notice for fire is even "pur," from which we get "organic" and comparable words. the subsequent point out of hell that i can remember refers to hell being solid into the Lake of fire in Revelation. There are no demons or pitchforks or devil or any of the different accoutrements traditionally linked with hell. in basic terms the fire or the outer darkness. And whilst almost all cutting-part translations render hell as "eternal," the actual Greek refers to it as "age-in the time of" or "age lasting." this is to declare, lasting for a in all probability very, very long yet although finite volume of time. this is a time of purification -- painful and lots to be prevented yet mandatory if a therapy is to be effected. Jesus died to rescue us from all that -- or a minimum of to grant us a head start up in taking away all the glop that desires burning out. no rely in case you're taking Him up on it now or later, I firmly have confidence that all of us will finally discover (or be led) abode with the aid of Him to the daddy. heavily . . . quicker is far, plenty extra clever.

Amazing facts study guide,

Is the devil in charge of hell?http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stuff/bible-studi...

A night club on Halloween

as a place of torment

luke chapter 16

verses

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.