asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Ask English speaker for help (about CNN)?

I live in Taiwan.

Now i practice English by listening CNN news.

In Taiwan , listening to CNN is a great challenge for us, because the anchorman speak so fast.

Do you also think they speak fast?

How do you listen CNN ?

~What else program do you recommend?

~I can't speak Korean.Actually,Chinese people don't like Korea very much due to historical problem.

Favorite Answer

They really don't talk that fast, but it's only because I'm used to hearing it, but I personally don't wantch any government funded programs like CNN, MSNBC, or CNBC because they can report misleading information or manipulate stories to tell you what they want you to know. I'd recommend another channel to help grasp the English language...

They don't speak very quickly if you're a native speaker or if you have a good grasp of the language. If you are feeling overwhelmed, it means your level of English isn't enough to be able to really get the gist of it.

I suggest reading The China Post and listening to songs, or even hearing ICRT just to get used to hearing the language and how it's used etc.

I'm not sure what CNN is and im an american but yes, most americans on television speak to fast. can you please please help me?!?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhnGF...