Serious Problem At Home and in my own head...?

Okay. First off, I'm a 17-year-old girl and I HATE MY LIFE. I know that seems cliche and like every other teenage girl but trust me when I say it's a lot more deep-seeded than normal teenage girl stuff. First of all, I have a very low sense of self-worth. I feel like every time I accomplish anything it doesn't matter, like whenever I try and feel good about myself for a second someone else has to out do me. Another thing is my stepdad. I can't stand him and we fight all the time and it's awful...I feel like he doesn't respect me and view me as an equal human being. All I want is to grow up and get out and stop feeling this way, and to get my driver's licence (which, at this rate, is NEVER happening.). I think I'm seriously depressed, like it's psychological because I don't even understand why I'm here and I know I don't contribute to anything in the world. My stepdad and I got in a horrible fight this morning on the way to work which started with him yelling at me about something unrelated while I was driving and me responding by saying I hated being around him because of how we communicated. We started screaming at each other and I said to him that I hated him and that the reason I say I want to kill myself a lot of the time and that I hate my life is because he's in it. He just pushed me too far, I normally hold my tongue but I couldn't this time. He's disrespected me and said things to me that I don't even think he realizes and sometimes they get to me (combined with other things I experienced) that cause me to feel very depressed and do things such as self-mutilating. Other times I don't even know why I act and feel and think the way I do, I'm almost like Holden Caulfield from the Catcher in the Rye with how I see the world and my place in it (or lack thereof). As far as relationships go, I just want something "cute". Like posting photos together on facebook, holding hands, all that cheesy, cliche, **** that teenage girls all want...the only problem is that every time I even get close to it I get hurt by the guy. So I'm single almost all of the time (I know dumb teenager bitching about boys but it hurts feeling unwanted and left out of something I can't seem to get). I'm terrified I'm turning into my father too (biological father). He was (and probably still is, I stopped seeing him) abusive. I'm never physical but when I get in this mindset I almost black out in the sense that I feel so low and frustrated with myself and the world and everyone around me that I say whatever's on my mind (and it's usually a really messed up horrible thing). I don't want to die but I don't want to live this way or feel this way and I don't know how to fix it. Friend's don't understand how bad it is in my head and I can't seem to fix it myself (I went to a therapist before and it didn't work and I'm not going again, as in I can't because my mom won't do it). Help?

Favorite Answer

Never give up. You never know what the future can bring. you can change your life with, or without help from others. good luck.