Is he insecure because he is older than me?

I have been dating my boyfriend for a year, he is my first everything, and i love him. I am 20 and he is 36, despite our age difference, we are in love. But ever since i lost my virginity to him, i have noticed things changed. He calls me constantly and accuses me of cheating. He insists on taking me everywhere i need to go, and doesnt want me to go out with my friends. He says guys my age can not do anything he does for me, and i believe him. He checks my phone and im just so hurt by his insecurity. What can i do to get him to trust me? I never have or never even thought of cheating on him.

I would be a tad suspicious. Typically when a guy is insecure about you cheating it means he could be. But im in your boat, My `dude` is 28 and i'm 20, and b/c of my age he always assumes i'm fkin around with everything that moves. You have to remember, they probably assume your just like them when they were 20. Soo he's a little insecure, He'l have to get over it if he wants it to work.

Source(s): Experience

He sounds scary obsessed with you. It could also just be that he's so much older and more mature and you're so young that he fears that you are going to leave him for someone your age. Honestly, age shouldn't matter in love. But the fact that he restrains you to that extent is kinda troubling. If I were you, I would just talk to him about it and tell him how I really felt and then do something he loves for you to do while telling him so that way it makes his trust in you even stronger. I hope I helped. My openion was not meant to be offensive if it tends to seem that way. Best of luck!

you are in a bad way, he could be a stalker, most guys that do the your mine your cheating, either are abusers, cheating, nothing good, slowly get away from him, if he threatens dont hesitate to call the cops. dont date guys like this. cheaters usuallly do this and thier the stalker types

your so right so tell him to back off and trust you or lose you to his insecurities