Could I learn to speak Korean?

I am 13 years old and I'm American . The only language I know is English. But I'm very interested in Koreans right now. I want to learn more about their culture, and some time when I'm older (and have the money to) I want to visit there. I love watching Korean dramas which I think might help me to learn the language. I don't want to pay anyone to teach me though. How could I learn to speak Korean and do you think I could? Thank You!

Favorite Answer

Yes, you definitely can but you've gotta work for it.

-Find online free lessons.

-Find online dictionaries.

-Watch Korean dramas and listen to Korean music.

-Make Korean friends online and/or possibly learn with someone.

-Try to use Korean everyday, write a phrase for example a day.

-Watch Korean vloggers on youtube.

Don't be afraid of the "alphabet". It get's really easy after.

The way I learned Norwegian and French was by integrating myself into the countries that spoke it, and eventually I learned it. It's really helpful. If you want to move over there, it's easy to get a job as a nanny or something. A very good way to learn the language. You really just start to pick things up after a while, and a lot of the time, if the person who's hiring you speaks English, she/he will teach you a bit. Good luck!

Oh ps. I watch Korean dramas too (sooooo friggin much, for serial) and after a while I picked up a few phrases and can now understand just a tiny bit without needing subtitles :D I'm sure that's happened to you too so you're on a good start! When I went to Norway I hardly even knew how to say bye and now I can almost speak fluently (: SO THAT SHOULD BE SAYING SOMETHING! GOOD LUCK

Hey there! You answered my question, so I'm returning the favor. I am 16 and I have been studying Korean for four months now. Go to this site: www.talktomeinkorean.com It is VERY helpful. With this website I learned alot!

Source(s): experience
  • Steven

I find many useful resources required to learn Korean, including study material on the Korean alphabet, grammar lessons, vocabulary and useful expressions, and free Korean language courses.

http://www.infocobuild.com/language/korean/korean....

talktomeinkorean.com ABSOLUTELY AMAZING totally free and it actually has taught me some korean. I'm telling you, its the best way to learn korean i've ever seen....

Source(s): me:)

for me its easier to learn from someone talking than just doing it by yourself... try busyatom(dot)com if not just go to youtube and type "busyatomdotcom" watch the hangul vids first... good luck ^_^