What I need to know about New York City?

I'm trying to save up money for a trip to NYC. If you have ever been please let me know an average that you spent over the entire trip. Also, what are some good places to eat and what is a good hotel to stay at(about how much per night). What are some activities to do in the city... I want to go around Christmas/NYE. Also, any general tips for traveling or being in the city would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Favorite Answer

I live in New York City, so I can't offer any good touristy advice. However I can say that in order to have the best possible time, you need to not act like a tourist. Though it's a fun city, we were voted the rudest city in America. This is because we have low tolerance for tourists. So, make sure you know where you're going before you set out for it, walk quickly, don't stop suddenly, and be quiet on the subway.

Other than that, have a great time!

Watch out for the crowds, eat from restaurants you know like McDonald's and Wendy's, stay in the Hilton or Double Tree hotels, you can tour the city and have fun!

there is a restaurant every corner,, the choice is yours. if you can't find anything to do then you might be a little slow in the head