Ginge asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

What's wrong with my dog?

My dog has diarrhea and is possibly throwing up (I'm not sure because my other dog throws up occasionally). She is not eating even though she loves food. She is drinking water thought. She is pretty weak and can't stand for very long. I know what you're all going to say--take her to the vet. But it's Sunday and late so I can't until tomorrow. I just want to make sure it's nothing really serious and that she'll be okay throughout the night. Do dogs get sick occasionally just like people do? You know, like a stomach flu? Maybe she ate something weird and got food poisoning? She's a beagle if that helps.

Favorite Answer

Until you get her to the vet tomorrow, separate her from the other dog. No food, just water, maybe pedialyte free. Maybe some rice later, not much. If the diarrhea persists, try some canned plain pumpkin, the fiber will help firm up the poo. I don't know how big your dog is, but give tagamet, 4 mg per pound to calm the tummy. I have found the tagamet works better than pepcid for my dogs. Hopefully it's just a sour tummy from some tasty morsel she found!!

dogs balls...the domestic dog's self-worth? Ha! The damn issues are plastic and the animal receives no make the main of having them in his scrotum. The vet bought you a bill of things so he might desire to income on your lack of expertise. And if it develop into your theory to have them implanted he ought to have tried to dissuade you. dogs (enormously puppies) have not have been given any inkling of what befell interior the vet's workplace different than he fell asleep and has some discomfort down via his penis. yet he does sense much less aggressive and now the mutt around the line does not look a good number of a threat to him. bypass to him and characteristic the dogs taken care of for the inflammation and swelling, in case you nevertheless have faith him. good success J

You know all you need to know - this is SERIOUS

Your dog needs to go to a vet N O W

There is an emergency vet anywhere - call your vet's number and see if there is an anwering service or a recording that will tell you where to go. Any decent vet will tell you where to go during off hours if your pet is in trouble.

If you need to, look up "emergency veterinarian" and the name of the nearest town or city pr county - something shoudl come up. Your dog needs help immediately, not in the morning.

• ?

Make sure that she's drinking water all night long. And be prepared to wake up every few hours to check on her. Try to keep her from getting up, if you can, and try to get her to eat something. Not necessarily dog food, try some boiled chicken or rice. Just to put something in her stomach.

My dog sometimes does this too. Don't feed them and cooked meat or cooked bones. Sometimes it is just an allergic reaction, if you have wandering dew near your house get rid of it. Maybe try different food and check if people have thrown any type of food over the fence with poison on it. If her health doesn't improve then you should definitely take her to the vet. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Me!

It sounds like she has parvovirus. It's very dangerous not only for your dog but your other dogs as well. Most dogs that have parvovirus most likely die b/c its too late. Tomorrow take your dog to the vet ASAP. I hope this helps. Take care :)

"One of the most common causes of vomiting or diarrhea is digestive upset from eating things such as sticks, leaves, bones, or greasy foods. Digestive upsets can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections, intestinal worms, other underlying digestive disorders, or diseases in other organs (eg, liver or kidneys)."

http://www.webvet.com/main/2008/08/14/vomiting-and...

Oh my...I dont have a great answer but stay close to her, even if that means waking up in the night. Did she eat choclate?

could be anything

\could be serious

\only someone that can examine dog can guess