How did God prepare for the coming of Jesus through the jews?

so I have a theology final on Hebrew Scripture and I have to prepare an essay, and I'm really stuck on finding the answer to the question:

"God works through the history of the jewish people to prepare for Jesus the Messiah. Show how this is true by using five examples from the different eras, people, events we have studied this year."

So I have one so far which is Abraham being the first person to believe in one God but even with that I don't know how to explain it further. If you could help that would be awesome because I desperatly need to get a good grade on this final to boost my average! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Did you study Moses:

Moses: Escaped genocide, frees his people from slavery, demonstrates the wonder of God, the sacrificial lamb, the blood on the door posts, the angel of death that passed by, leads them to the promised land.

Jesus: Escaped genocide, frees humanity from sin, demonstrates the wonder of God (miracles), he is the sacrificial lamb, his blood was she for us ... and now the 'angel of death' will pass over us, prepares a place for us in heaven.

Abraham:

When Abraham attempst to sacrifice his son, God says he will provide ... his own son, which is Jesus.

• SJS

To be honest, I find this question to be mind-numbingly stupid, and I have to wonder about the person who assigned it to you. But I'll try to help.

First, the flaw with the question...the coming of a messiah is a Jewish concept. The only thing separating ancient Jews from modern Jews is the fact that modern Jews don't believe that Jesus was a messiah, just a great prophet. So Christians are sort of like Judaism 2.0...and is largely the same religion. Saying they prepared through the Jews is faulty because it separates Christians from them, which is inaccurate considering that's when the bible was conceived.

Also, unless they actually say, hey we're preparing, anything you write is conjecture.

You could look at the Virgin Mary and the honourable actions for her husband Joseph. In the Bible angels speak to both of them. They were both Jews.

Take a look at anyone who goes forth to spread the message. A lot of people did this in the Bible. I think there's soemthing about Noah's sons or something. These passages are what missionaries use to justify spreading the word in other countries, so I'm sure you could use them in your essay quite effectively.

Hopefully this will give you a jumping off point.

lol stop do you go to OLM? ur saving my butt for my essay :)