Ashley asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Doing 100 sit ups everyday :)?

If I do 100 sit ups a day (crunches) will I get a flat stomach?

And doing push ups and walking/jogging for about 2 miles everyday?

Favorite Answer

When my dad went to lose weight he did 100 sit ups every day, 20 push ups, went for a 1k-2k walk and drank mostly water. He did not change his diet at all and he lost 30 pounds in 9 months and his stomach flattened out after 1-2. It may not work for everyone but it will defiantly help and it is very good for you. As you start to get stronger try adding some more into the routine :) you will get small abs.

A better approach is to figure out 5 to 7 different types of abdominal exercises (sit-ups are just one of many stomach exercises) and then do a different abdominal exercise every day...a single long set of around 25 to 50 at the most. Repeat the cycle after you've worked your way all the way through.

You may find some abdominal exercises to be quite easy, but don't worry about that. A variety of exercises in this area brings balance to your physique, whereas doing a single exercise over and over, day after day, might actually so build up the muscles in your stomach that it gives you a protruding appearance instead of the flat one that you are seeking.

No, healthy eating and running will get you a flat stomach but crunches will strengthen your core

No, doing crunches and sit-ups will strain your muscles. I recommend doing them every second/third day :)

You should do other things like pushups and squats and running so that your evenly toned everywhere, not just ur stomach

No