Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

What's your opinion on Lindsay Lohan playing Elizabeth Taylor?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9315...

BQ: If you think Lindsay was a bad choice, which actress do you think would make a better Elizabeth Taylor? I think that Sherilyn Fenn looks so much like Elizabeth but she's a bit older now and she already played her in a different biopic.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

I think that's absolutely stupid. I don't know why they thought Lohan would be such a great idea to play Taylor. She definitely won't pull it off and she'll just be laughable.

BQ- I'm agreeing with Liam on Marion, she would be great :)

• 8 years ago

Sherilyn Fenn would have been a nice choice. I think the "Lifetime" network was looking for an audience and they went with LL. She does have some fans. I'm not one. But I don't feel like "rooting" for her(LL) to fail is a good thing. Sure, better Acting choices were out there. But wanting someone to Fail...I can't dig that. So,that being said. LL is known for a few things over here. One is being a Big Time F*ck Up. Hopefully she will turn that around. And represent the Elizabeth Taylor we all loved. I doubt it though.

BQ: Fenn.

Source(s): Hey Harrison...Woem! Hey Liam...Marion. Now were talking!
  • 8 years ago

Insane.

Not only can she not bring the dignity nor the skills needed to honor one of Hollywood's greatest legends, who are the producers marketing this film to?

I am 56. We grew up with Elizabeth Taylor. We are disgusted with Lindsay Lohan's private life and she is viewed as a bubble gum actress. Forget my generation.

The younger generation? Most don't identify with Elizabeth Taylor and would be less motivated to see the movie anyway, but when I have asked a few in the same age group as Lohan they have thus all far replied that they would never see anything with her in it.

So what was Hollywood thinking??

• \Liam\
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Hey!

I think that's a terrible idea, out of all the actresses out there why would you pick Lindsay Lohan. Elizabeth Taylor was so classy, while Lohan...Isn't. Although she does look quite a bit like her in the photo, so you never know, she could be great.

BQ: I think Marion Cottilard would be a great choice instead

:)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I ranted about that retarded decision for days. To be fair, Fenn would've made a good choice, but she is older now. Maybe a new face would have done the role more justice, giving the audience the element of a good surprise.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's impossible to take Lohan seriously in any role, so I won't be interested in seeing the film with her in it. Lohan was perfectly cast in "Machete," playing a naked sex-bomb who eventually wears a nun's habit and carries a big gun to avenge her father's death. That's right about her speed.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

A very bad opinion and choice.She hasn't anything from Elisabeth's style.Maybe drinking?But Liz managed to recover after separating from Burton.

• 8 years ago

Who ever casted her should be burned with fire, she will never be anything like Elizabeth Taylor.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

An embarassment.

• 8 years ago

wow ,i haven't been in america for a while..why do people hate her so much?

i don't think she's such a bad chice..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.