.

jehovahs witnesses, did Jesus rebuke Thomas for calling him God?

Jesus himself said that he & the Father are one John 10:30

And Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God, Jesus said to him, Thomas because you have seen me, you have believed, blessed are they that have not seen and yet believed.- Jesus.

only God is good. Jesus calls himself the good Shepherd

I am the Good Shepherd, the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep- John 10:11

Thomas called him God and Jesus told him blessed are they that have not seen and believe.

John 20:28-29

Phillip said to him, Lord show us the Father. Jesus said to him, Have I been with you men so long a time and you have not come to know me? He that sees me has seen the Father. How is it you say show us the Father? Believe me I am in the Father.- Jesus said this ( John 14:7-11)

Destroy this temple (Jesus body) and I in 3 days will raise it up- Jesus said this. ( John 2: 19-21)

This Jesus whom GOD raised up wherefore we are witnesses- Acts 2:32

The only wise God our Savior be glory and majesty, dominion and power now and forever. Amen.-(Jude25)

But of the Son he says, your throne O GOD is FOREVER and ever, a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom- (Hebrews 1:8)

The Jews answered him saying, For a good work we stone you not, but for blasphemy, and because they you being a man make yourself God- John 10:33 The scripture can not be broken.

...For I am God, and there is none else...unto me every knee shall bow- Isaiah 45:22-23

That at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of the things in heaven and things in earth, and things under the earth. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father- Philippians 2:10-11

...no man can say that Jesus is Lord but by the Holy Spirit- 1 Cor. 12:3

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world received up in glory- 1 Tim 3:16

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God- John 1:1

And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.- John 1:14

He was in the world and the world was made by him and the world knew him not- John 1:10

Has not my hand made all these things?- Acts 7:50

Worship him that made the heaven & earth- Revelation 14:7

...and let the angels of God worship him- Hebrews 1:6

And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem- Luke 24:52

They that were in the ship came and worshiped him- Matthew 14:33

..They saw the young child with his mother, and fell down and worshiped him- Matthew 2:11

And he said Lord I believe : and he worshiped him- John 9:38

I and my Father are one- John 10:30

You shall die in your sins if you believe not that I am he- John 8:24

But you do not believe because you are none of my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice and I know them and they follow me- Jesus ( 10:26-27)

And you shall seek me and find me when you shall search for me with all of your heart- Jeremiah 29:13

@poe's law...John 14:7 If you had known me you should have known my Father also: from henceforth ye know him and have seen him.1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us...Malachi 2:10 Have we not one Father,has not one God Created us?Colossians 1:15&16 For by him were all things Created. May your eyes open.

________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Mr.F. exactly. Pray for the lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@momC...are you saying that Jesus is a lesser god? Just one of many gods? Not the true God?

If so then you worship 2 Gods? or do you not worship Jesus as those back in bible times did ( Luke 24:52, Matthew 14:33, Matthew 9:18, Matthew 2:11), as angels were commanded ( Hebrews 1:6) ? and as written in Revelation 14:7 "...and worship him that made heaven & earth". All things were made by him( John 1:3 ) Has not my hand made all these things ( Acts 7:50)

may Jesus open your eyes.

___________________________________________

Thank you Robert C. pray for those still lost & blind. They are under the influence of a fallen angel who will twist & bend scripture. Only Jesus can help them see.

Favorite Answer

if jesus is just another god as they say, why do they use him at all when there is only the one god .

and yet jesus shows he is god in revelation . by saying he is the alpha and the omega , exactly the words god uses in isaiah a number of times

• Stacey

Why would Jesus rebuke Thomas?... Jesus is Lord and he is of Divine nature. I'm sure to doubting Thomas, after sticking his finger in the hole {Blaugh! Disgusting!} Believed Jesus to be his Savior, god, Master, and Lord... Thomas did not call him Jehovah. It is a matter of Scholars opinion, that the NWT is the most accurate translation. With quite literal translation(s) from original texts. So, you need to check your facts. I am a logical, thinking, reasoning person. With an analytical mind. You have no call to be insulting ppl, saying they follow / believe anything. Not true. The Word was with God. (John1:8) And if you keep reading a little further, you read: "This one was in the beginning with God." (Jo1:2) "So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory that belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth." At 1 Kings 8:27 we read: "But will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens, themselves cannot contain you; how much less then, this house that I have built." From these Scriptures alone, we can discern that 1)God cannot dwell upon the earth~ Jesus did. 2)The heavens cannot contain God. 3) Not even a built house can contain God. Jesus lived here on earth; in a house. 4) Not the womb of a woman, could contain God Almighty, The Sovereign Lord of the universe. Jehovah is God 'alone.' Ps 83:18; 6:4; Gen 17:1. He does not / will not share His glory~ Isa 42:8. To deny the Son, you may perish in the way.~Ps 2:12.# Phil 2:5-11~ Christ Not Equal to God. 1 Cor 15:28~ Christ subject to God. John1:18~ No Man Has Seen God. John 14:28~Christ said: "The Father is greater than I am." 1 Tim 2:5~ One mediator between God and man. 1 Cor 11:3~ God is the head of Christ. Heb 5:8~ Although he was a Son, he learned obedience. ~~~Those whom identified Jesus as the Son of Jehovah God~~~ The angel Gabriel @ Lu 1:32; Mt 1:18-25. Elizabeth & (the unborn John the Baptizer) @ Lu 1:41-45. Angels @ Lu 2:9-11. Shepherds @ Lu 2:17 (see also Lu 2:8-20) Simeon @ Lu 2:25-35. Anna @ Lu 2:36-38. Andrew @ Jo 1:40,41. Nathanael @ Jo 1:49. Nicodemus @ Jo 3:3. Samaritan men @ Jo 4:42. Samaritan woman @ Jo4:25,29. Peter @ Acts 3:13,26, 10:34,38; 1 Pe 3:22. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *Jehovah God @ Mt 3:17; Lu 2:6,9,16,17; Jo 1:29-34,36. *Jesus @ Jo 3:16-18; Mt 3:16,17; Jo 4:10, 25, 26, 17:1-26 esp v. 5; ................Lu 4:16-18-21; 31-34; Mk 14:61,62. *Satan @ Matt 4:1-11. *Demons @ Mk 1:23,24,34; Lu 4:41; Isa 50:5,8,9. * Do you actually believe that Jehovah God, His only-begotten Son, Jesus; also Satan the devil and the fallen angels = demons: Do Not Know Who Jehovah God and Jesus are? #The trinity denys the Son. It is a lie and tool of satan to mislead humans away from Jehovah God. Do some more research ~ I did. Through Coptic Greek texts, and more.

The word Trinity is not in the Bible. But the Bible teaches the Trinity.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. This makes up the Trinity.

• Tarxus

Not a Jehovah's Witness but I think I can answer your primary question ie: Did Jesus rebuke Thomas for calling him God. When Jesus said that he who has seen him has seen the father, he was not implying that Jesus and God were the same person but that Jesus physically looked so much like God that technically when one has seen him (Jesus) they have also seen God. Have you ever heard of people who resemble their parent(s) so much that somebody could easily mistake one for the other? That's the same resemblance that Jesus Christ has with God.

I don't think Jesus was actually rebuking Thomas but just stressing a point that Thomas had overlooked.

Source(s): Member of the Mormon Church.
  • kim

I love my brothers and sisters in this religion and I even have a kid who joined it with her husband and when I asked her about her new found beliefs she says to me Mom they believe the very same things we do they just have to say it another way. Pretty much thats my take on it as they really love Jesus, they are just caught up in some semantics that make them special they think. Beats me. They word things in a way that makes them special they think, that and the holidays they also make their own or leave out. So thank you for these verses, I will pull them out when they mess with my mind.

No, should he have? Jesus is not God almighty, though he is a mighty god.

Why do you ask questions from Jehovah's Witnesses and yet have so many blocked?

You must be afraid of something, is it that you doubt yourself? You doubting Thomas!

Thomas was rebuked for not believing until he had seen the physical evidence.

Not a Jehovah's Witness. The Trinity isn't taught in the Bible.

Source(s): Atheist.
  • DS M

In a side by side comparison with atheism, it is much easier to prove Jesus is real than prove an atheist is intelligent. The basic premise of atheism is that they were made without one intelligent thought making being void of intelligence their natural state of being...therefore, they need to prove when and from what their intelligence evolve before they can have a creditable religion. After all, you can attempt to plug a USB into a tree in hopes to give it intelligence but, like atheists, the ability for the tree and atheist to receive intelligence since it wasn't made to be intelligent is the hurdle that must be cleared. So prove it is possible for intelligence to evolve from a rock (earth) if you give it long enough ( a couple of billion years) scientifically and in a lab. Good luck.

By comparison, Nero tarred Christians and burned them to light his cocktail party 30 years after Jesus' resurrection. Unlike atheists, Christians were willing to die for their belief because of the evidence and because of their personal relationships with their Creator. It isn't if people weren't to communicate with those in Jerusalem It is silly to suggest that people in Rome would die horrible deaths because they didn't bother checking in Jerusalem to see if Jesus was real. It is much easier to say atheism is not real...especially in foxholes.

In a side by side comparison with JW's, you first have to know that they don't have real Bibles. If they did, they wouldn't have to hide their translators. So when they bang on your door, open their Bibles and ask them to show you who translated it. Since their translators were too embarrassed to associate that junk with their good name, there are no names associated with their translation as the Bible wasn't written in English as many JW's apparently believe. Rather that be educated, they choose to live in ignorance of what the scriptures actually say.

In contrast, all good Bibles have who translated it available so you can research if those handling the translation is worthy of handling something of this value. You want to know what the person has done and that they weren't chosen simply because they towed the party line... like JW's

When comparing Christianity side by side with LDS you can see that Mormans believe in 3 gods who did not create the Heavens...meaning their gods fail short of being God because there can only be one Creator who made us.

Mormans can pray to the heavenly father but his son, Jesus, brother of Satan, bought our sin...and did not forgive our sins. Ask any Morman women if there isn't just one more thing they could do because they can never do enough. They never know rest.

In contrast,

***1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.*** http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20jo...

Hope this helps