Favorite Answer

It's so cute! What a lot of people don't know is that it's actually a name from Latvian mythology, which is one of the oldest surviving European cultures, of which Mara is the highest-ranking goddess. I think that's pretty cool! My friend has a daughter named Mara, and she is just the sweetest little blonde girl! I really think this name is adorable and so usable :)

• Jamie

I love the name Mara

• I think it's lovely, but I knew a girl called Marabelle... and I really liked that. She went by Mara as a nickname. But I still love Mara on it's own.

• Kylie

I like Mara but prefer maria

this is really nerdy but Mara was the name of the evil villian in a power rangers series :) I think it was SPD or Mystic Force...anyways...

I dont really like it because now all I picture is evil, and it's too simple, and it just screams 'mean' to me. Sorry :( hope i helped! :)

• Ambren

I know a Mara: I like the name, but because of my stinging unpopularity, and her glamorous popularity, she seems snobby to me...

Source(s): But it's not like names decide the character of a person, right? I do really like the name, so go for it. If, uh, that is, you are having a girl?

Its foreign to my knowledge of names, so it sounds out of the ordinary for me but I like it, it sounds pretty cool :) I say go for it and I'm assuming its a girl?

It's really pretty, but I would go with the spelling Maura

I think its super cute!

I think it's cute.