Sertraline seems to be working after a day or two? Is this possible?

I was prescribed sertraline on wednesday morning and started taking it then, for a serious case of binge eating disorder. By the end of day 1 I noticed side effects, complete inability to reach orgasm during masturbation. That continues but a small price to pay I think. I feel better already and have done for a... show more I was prescribed sertraline on wednesday morning and started taking it then, for a serious case of binge eating disorder. By the end of day 1 I noticed side effects, complete inability to reach orgasm during masturbation. That continues but a small price to pay I think. I feel better already and have done for a day or two. I don't feel compelled to eat anymore and my binge episodes seem to be becomming more healthy and like normal eating - I have the food but don't want to eat it, at least not all at once or at the speed I was eating before wednesday, and I don't have to eat till I'm stuffed or feel depressed when I don't stuff myself. The heavy burden on my life that was food seems to be lifting off, after only a day this started occuring, but everywhere I read it sas they take 10 days - 2 weeks to work?
1 answer 1