Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 9 years ago

is it possible to buy a lotto ticket from another state without going to that state? if so, how?

please show me step by step instructions for the state of maryland( as an example)

how do i do it for the powerball?

how do i do it for the mega millions?

Update:

how about for pennsylvania

Update 2:

wow apparently some people need further clarification; I am OUT OF STATE. I am not in either maryland or Pennsylvania

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

powerball and Mega Millions is sold in many states

and just ask any place that sells lottery tickets they will sell you one of those

as for INSTANT ticlkets you can only buy what each state sells and cash it in that state only

• pdq
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

If you're in Maryland, then you can only buy lottery tickets sold in Maryland. This includes both PowerBall AND Mega Millions.

If you're in Pennsylvania, then you can only buy lottery tickets sold in Pennsylvania. Again, this includes both PowerBall AND Mega Millions.

Keep in mind - If you buy a PowerBall ticket in Pennsylvania, and it wins any prize at all, then you'll need to cash that ticket in Pennsylvania. You can't cash it in Maryland, even though they sell the same game.

You cannot buy another state's lottery tickets while not in that state.

• TB
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

There is only one way to buy lottery tickets from another state without going there and that's having someone you know in a state that plays the game you want to play to buy the tickets for you. You can't buy them online so this is the only option without traveling to the state that plays the game you want to purchase tickets for. If you do this obviously you have to trust the person just in case you were to win a large amount so either choose your own numbers so you know your numbers before the drawing and/or have the person make photo copies of the tickets and have them faxed to you just so there is no confusion about which tickets the person bought are yours.

• soo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If you happen to hit the biggie (jackpot) The place that sold the ticket gets a piece. You could money it in at any state place of business where the sport is available. Every State gets their commission on tickets offered. A character maybe smart to money in a giant ticket in a State that doesn't have a State sales tax..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.