Has the tablet killed the laptop?

Will the rise of tablets and cloud computing make laptops redundant?

• Jeff
    Best Answer

Not at all... as a matter of fact why don't you open up Adobe Photoshop CS6 and then quickly type me a 20 page document.... oh yeah... you cant do it or it's a PITA. Tablets have their place but I think ultrabooks will replace standard laptops, they are the same thickness as a tablet but with a keyboard, Microsoft Windows, USB 3.0 ports, more storage... etc, etc. In the future with a touch screen as well.

With time yes. The only things preventing it from happen now is the fact that tablets aren't even close to matching the storage capacity of a laptop. And the fact that a tablet can't be modded the way that a laptop can.

Once tablet manufacturers figure out a way to make one that can be modded, and can match the hard drive space of a laptop, It'll be bye bye laptops.

Nope because there are many advantages to having a laptop such as computing power, applications, compatibility, storage, etc. The tablet does offer more convenience but at the cost of other factors that will always keep the laptop market open.

it s not like you can do everything on your tablet yet

and as tablets get better so does the laptop

so it s unlikely to happen

same thing with desktop PC when laptop came , did they get disappeared ? No, they still exits and will and in my opinion they are much better than laptop

i have got me 4 laptop till this day and every time i end up going back to desktop pc :P

laptops aren't fast enough for me

the companies that offer cloud computing will prove to be dishonest and fraudulent and it will disappear due to lack of trust only a very gullible person would put valuable data in the cloud, tablets will be popular until people realize how short the life of a touch screen is

• DrDave

Not a chance. At best, it will sort the computer inept idiots from the power users which should have been done a long time ago.

No ,not before 2-3 years they are not so efficient like laptop and they have not much functions.they might kill laptop but not no.

Source(s): I have both.
  • Taylen

Uh no