Has the tablet killed the laptop?

Will the rise of tablets and cloud computing make laptops redundant?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jeff
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Not at all... as a matter of fact why don't you open up Adobe Photoshop CS6 and then quickly type me a 20 page document.... oh yeah... you cant do it or it's a PITA. Tablets have their place but I think ultrabooks will replace standard laptops, they are the same thickness as a tablet but with a keyboard, Microsoft Windows, USB 3.0 ports, more storage... etc, etc. In the future with a touch screen as well.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

With time yes. The only things preventing it from happen now is the fact that tablets aren't even close to matching the storage capacity of a laptop. And the fact that a tablet can't be modded the way that a laptop can.

Once tablet manufacturers figure out a way to make one that can be modded, and can match the hard drive space of a laptop, It'll be bye bye laptops.

• 8 years ago

Nope because there are many advantages to having a laptop such as computing power, applications, compatibility, storage, etc. The tablet does offer more convenience but at the cost of other factors that will always keep the laptop market open.

• 8 years ago

it s not like you can do everything on your tablet yet

and as tablets get better so does the laptop

so it s unlikely to happen

same thing with desktop PC when laptop came , did they get disappeared ? No, they still exits and will and in my opinion they are much better than laptop

i have got me 4 laptop till this day and every time i end up going back to desktop pc :P

laptops aren't fast enough for me

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

the companies that offer cloud computing will prove to be dishonest and fraudulent and it will disappear due to lack of trust only a very gullible person would put valuable data in the cloud, tablets will be popular until people realize how short the life of a touch screen is

• DrDave
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Not a chance. At best, it will sort the computer inept idiots from the power users which should have been done a long time ago.

• 8 years ago

No ,not before 2-3 years they are not so efficient like laptop and they have not much functions.they might kill laptop but not no.

Source(s): I have both.
  • Taylen
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Uh no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.