How do you alphabetize by last names using Mac Word?!?

I have a long list of names that go like this:

John Smith

Jane Doe

and I would like to figure out how to alphabetize the list using mac word and I have no idea how to! I know I have to press sort but I don't want it to sort by the first name, I want to sort it by the last name!! Please help! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

In Word 2011: Select the list of names and choose Table > Sort...

You'll be able to set the sorting priority to the n-th word of a line. The program will recognize a blank character (space) as the separator of words. If all names consist of only 2 words each, choose to 'Sort by: word 2' + 'Then by: word 1'.

It gets a little more complicated if there are also names with more than 2 words in the list, e.g.

John Jane Tiberius Doe

John Doe

then I would manually edit these names, e.g. replace the blank character between first, second, third name words with @@, then sort... Afterwards, use Search&Replace to remove the @@ again.

If you also have last names consisting of 2 words, e.g.

Maria Magdalena di Nazareth

Use the @@ replacement for the first names, PLUS set 'Sort by Word 3' + 'Then by Word 2'

• Erika

Albatross Three-below-par (-three); most likely referred to as a double eagle. These are tremendously infrequent, and arise such a lot typically on par-fives with a robust force and a holed procedure shot. Holes-in-one on par-4 holes (by and large brief ones) also are albatrosses. The such a lot popular albatross was once made via Gene Sarazen in 1935, which propelled him right into a tie for first at The Masters Tournament. He gained the playoff day after today. The sportswriters of the day termed it "the shot heard 'circular the arena'". Between 1970 and 2003, eighty four such photographs (an traditional of fewer than 3 consistent with yr) have been recorded at the PGA Tour.