couple questions about college?is it hard?

i have a couple questions about community college

1.is it hard i heard from other people its easy and i just want to know im going for nursing

2.do you make friends or do you just keep distance from people?

3.im thinking of transferring could i do that my sophomore year or should i wait?

4.any tips that you would like to give me

Favorite Answer

Nursing is a very competitive field. If you haven't yet been admitted to a nursing program, either at your community college (going for an RN and an associate's degree) or at a 4-year college or a university you want to transfer to (going for an RN and a bachelor's degree) you should be working as hard as possible no matter how easy or hard you find the material. Once you are taking the actual nursing classes and not just the prerequisites, I hope that for the sake of your patients you'll work very hard there, too, no matter how easy or hard you find it.

But the truth is that some people find college to be easy and some don't. The harder you've worked in the K-12 system, the more likely it is that you've developed the skills that will let you succeed in college. Colleges are operated in a different way than high schools are, though, and some people have systems that really work for them in high school but that don't work as well in college.

It's harder to make friends at community college than at a lot of other schools because most community colleges (and some 4-year colleges, too, though) are commuter schools: people's lives are not centered on the campus, and they often leave once their work is done. But it's certainly possible to make friends there.

If I were you, I'd pick a public school that offers a bachelor's in nursing, call the nursing department, and ask *them* to suggest a way of approaching things. I'd also ask how they determine which students to admit to the major.

The best tip I can give you is to know what the rules are and how to use them. You're going to get a lot of them. There's a student handbook, available online and possibly in hard copy too, and you will have to agree to comply with all the policies and procedures in it. Most people appear not to notice what they're agreeing to and don't read it, but reading it, making sure you note anything that surprises you, and paying attention to the kind of policies that are in it will help you avoid all kinds of problems. for example, did you know that at most schools, submitting a paper you wrote for one class to a professor in another class is a form of cheating?

Many college students do not read their syllabi carefully, and so they don't do what it takes to follow the policies and procedures there. For example, some professors do not give make-up exams. Some do, but only in certain situations and only with documentation. And others are pretty willing to give just about anyone a make-up exam (but there are still downsides to taking them up on that). If you just skip an exam and don't worry about scheduling a makeup until a couple of days later, you can end up with a zero for the exam; but a lot of students don't know that because they don't check the syllabus before deciding that whatever else they want to do is a good use of that particular chunk of time. If you know what the rules are, you can make an informed choice and know for sure what the outcome will be.

And again, a lot of people do not read the instructions on assignment sheets and end up turning in work that doesn't meet the requirements of the assignment -- and get poor grades as a result. Or if they do read them, they read them less than 24 hours before the assignment is due, when it's hard to get an explanation from the professor fast enough that they can do the work right.

If you decide to stay in a dorm after you transfer, you're going to want to read your housing contract, too. Did you know that if your roommate keeps a bottle of alcohol on his or her side of the room, you can get kicked out of the dorm (and not refunded the money you paid for your place there)?

For some other good tips, I will send you over to my favorite post on Dr. Pion's blog: http://doctorpion.blogspot.com/2007/04/grade-13-at...

Good luck. I hope you have a great time in college and that you become an awesome nurse.

1) Your first question is very hard to answer. Everything you do depends on how well you like it, and how natural it comes too you. Also, if you're a hard worker. If you like it a lot, you're a hard worker, and medical classes related to Nursing come natural to you (I don't think you could possible know the answer to this yet) than yes it is easy in both a community college and a prestigious or standard university/college.

2) In community you make friends, just not as much as you would if you were attending a standard university/college

3) You should definitely transfer sophmore year. If you can try transferring after your first semester in a community. You have to really excel at everything you do, meaning you need like straight A's. I suggest you study and spend lots of time on all your classes, be very determined to get excellent grades, and try applying/transferring after your sophmore year. When I mean excellent grades, I mean like straight A's and better.

4) Well I kind of gave you my tips when I answered your questions. Also, don't worry too much about friends. Friends will show up when you least expect them too or don't want friends (Quote from something I read, don't remember what).

FYI I'm going to be a senior in highschool

Source(s): Myself and some books I might've read

1. Nursing programs tend to be difficult anywhere you go. For some degrees, community college is easy. But nursing is (and probably should be) more difficult.

2. I would very much recommend making friends with other students in your program. Students who aren't in the same classes at a community college rarely interact, but as for your classmates you should get to know them.

3. A lot of people do that! If it's what you want to do and you've been making good grades you should totally go for it.

4. Talk with your teachers, perform well, etc. so they'll know who you are. If you're going to transfer, you'll need letters of recommendation from them. And do whatever you can to not be late to class. There are a lot of people who cycle through the community college system who couldn't care less, if you aren't on time instructors may get the perception you're one of those.

• hellen

If the applications you are attempting to put in provide the option of where to put in them, then you definately will have to be able to decide upon the external drive to put in them to and they are going to work. Depending on the interface, they'll mostly now not participate in as good from the external power, however they must work. Relocating your temporary records folder shouldn't be fairly necessary, simply delete everything in it every now and then. Transitority documents are frequently always riskless to delete, and your OS will usually now not admire the move to the outside drive anyway, and will nonetheless use (or recreate) the one in your C: pressure.