Colleges in North or South Carolina, perhaps even Georgia that offer Culinary and...?

Hi,

I have been looking and tried college board for colleges in North and South Carolina (would consider Georgia, but is low on the list) that offer Culinary Arts (cooking). I want a school that offers a bachelors degree. I suppose if I needed to I could go start at a community college as long as credits transfer!

I am aware of Johnson and Wales in North Carolina but was looking for other options too. When I googled it, alot of things came up but I found it hard to find if they were legit and if they were accredited or not.I don't want to go to some sleazy school that does not have a good and reputable program! Any help would be amazing! Thank you so much!

Also, whoever provides me with the best answer, and school closest to the beach get the ten points! I would love to be within 45 min or closer to the beach as I am an avid swimmer!

• Miz T
    Favorite Answer

To my knowledge, there is no four-year university program leading to a baccalaureate degree in culinary arts in North Carolina.

However, the Baking and Pastry Arts curriculum is offered at the following community colleges:

Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (8-9 hours from the beach)

Central Piedmont Community College (Charlotte--5-6 hours from the beach)

Sandhills Community College (3 hours from the beach)

Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh--3 hours from the beach)

Wilkes Community College (6 hours from the beach) [awards the credential in collaboration with:

Surry Community College]

And the Culinary Arts curriculum is offered at the following community colleges:

Alamance Community College (4 hours from the beach)

Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College

Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute (6 hours from the beach)

Cape Fear Community College (Wilmington--almost ON the beach and the home of UNC-W)

Carteret Community College (Morehead City--you can see the beach out the window of the building)

Central Carolina Community College (2 -3 hours from the beach)

Central Piedmont Community College

Coastal Carolina Community College (45 minutes from the beach)

College of The Albemarle (1 hour from the Outer Banks)

Fayetteville Technical Community College (1-2 hours from the beach)

Guilford Technical Community College (Greensboro--4-5 hours from the beach and the home of UNC-G)

James Sprunt Community College (1 hour from the beach)

Johnston Community College (2 hours from the beach)

Lenoir Community College (1 hour from the beach)

Nash Community College (2 hours from the beach)

Robeson Community College (1-2 hours from the beach and near UNC-P)

Sandhills Community College

Southwestern Community College (1-2 hours from the beach)

Vance-Granville Community College (3 hours from the beach)

Wake Technical Community College

Wilkes Community College (awards the credential in collaboration with: Surry Community College)

The community college degree comprises a two-year program leading to an associate in applied science degree (AAS). All of the community colleges are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and individual programs are accredited by appropriate agencies. Each of the community colleges has a web site that typically provides an on-line catalog with applicable information about its curricula. The AAS typically is not a degree that transfers to a four-year university's baccalaureate program. However, certain of the "general college" courses DO transfer and could be applied to a bachelor's degree in one or more of the UNC-affiliated schools. With appropriate assistance with a qualified advisor, adding a few extra courses will usually permit graduating with an AA (Associate in Arts) degree or a General Education degree along with the AAS. The AA degree is transferable to all of the UNC-system schools (although it is not accepted as adequate preparation for entry at the junior-year level for *every* professional curriculum at *every* university--talk to your academic advisor about transferring).

Here is a list of the universities in the UNC system. Universities are listed with their current locations and the years in which they were founded.

Appalachian State University (Boone, 1899) [BS College of Health Science: Nutrition and Food]

University of North Carolina at Asheville (Asheville, 1927)

East Carolina University (Greenville, 1907) [BS, hospitality management]

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, 1789)

Elizabeth City State University (Elizabeth City, 1891)

University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Charlotte, 1946)

Fayetteville State University (Fayetteville, 1867)

University of North Carolina at Greensboro (Greensboro, 1891) [majors in nutrition and hospitality & tourism management]

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (Greensboro, 1891)

University of North Carolina at Pembroke (Pembroke, 1887)

North Carolina Central University (Durham, 1907) [BS, hospitality and tourism]

University of North Carolina at Wilmington (Wilmington, 1947)

Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, 1889) [BS, hospitality & tourism management]

North Carolina State University (Raleigh, 1887)

Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, 1892)

I am from KY and your remark offends me: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Virginia, or Georgia? Which of those southern Appalachian states is your favourite? Not-so-favourite? Why? Favorites: one million. Alabama. Nice folks, attractive surroundings, has the shores on the south finish of the state. Lots of historical past and tradition, a nice state! two. Tennessee. Great mountain surroundings, plenty to do within the Smokies, Nashville and Memphis are nice towns! I would not brain residing in Greater Memphis (now not the internal town subject, even though, b/c it is crime-ridden and dirty.) Overall, one more nice state! three. North Carolina. Honestly, I've in no way been there, however I simply believe I'd love it. two. Kentucky. There are 2 forms of folks in Kentucky: one million. wealthy, uptight snobs and a pair of. deficient, white trash folks who're nonetheless pretentious. Some of the worst folks I've ever met are there. The surroundings is GREAT, tho Apparently, you have not been announced to the proper folks. Bye the way in which, be taught how one can spell. LOL