How do I fix my seat belt mehanism?

I bought this 2003 Nissan Maxima, and the drivers side seat belt never worked right. The mechanism held onto the seat belt very tightly. The belt kept resisting me when I pulled on it to buckle it and when I unbuckle, it doesn't slide back. Thank you.

Has the vehicle ever been in a crash? After a crash, usually the seat belt webbing is replaced (and if not replaced then it should be)!

The seat belt could be twisted in the retractor; someone else had experienced this: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=145251 and in the end they said it was just a twist in the seat belt.

I would definitely looked at going to a body shop and getting that seat belt checked out.

Seat belts are very important. I would take it to the dealer. That way yoy have a record that it was fixed properly for future reference. Also see if there was a recall on this year and model.

• bmw153

idk sorry