can minors buy pellet guns?

I'm 16 and I want to buy a pellet gun from a store. Can I ?????

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10K.BC
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on where you live. Most places don't have restrictions on how old you have to be to own one, but many do require someone to be 16 or 18 to buy one from a store. Same with the pellets. Even if you don't have any local laws like that, every store is allowed to set their own policies on who they sell to, so your best bet is to go to the store you're interested in buying from and ask. Most have their sales policies on stuff like this posted right next to the display case. Worst case, you'll have to drag a parent or older sibling along to handle the actual purchase.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

IT depends where you live but for a pellet gun u must be 18 to buy one. i think you can still get airsoft and those are a load of fun. me and my friends go to arenas or just shot each other in the backyard and its a blast. i also have pellet guns but reload time is long and although it is much more powerful it is unnecessary because u cant shoot other people haha. good luck

Source(s): my head
  • 3 years ago

easily i wouldnt spend the money on that gun. possibly its a great one yet they declare its pushing the pellet at 450fps so its actualy in all threat extra like 4 hundred. maximum airsoft weapons shoot that rapid. you're able to evaluate finding for one that shoots somewhat speedier or merely stick to the airsoft. yet as far as convincing her. tell her air rifles dont fill the returned backyard with billions of vibrant plastic little bbs. yet another element is a minimum of here interior the U.S. yet once you get good at shooting an air rifle you could compete in competitions and stuff. thats plenty better than playing videogames

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.