How do you determine what a miracle is?

Basically what is required of an action to be classified as a miracle?

Favorite Answer

A miracle is an event which violates the laws of nature. It can be something physically impossible, like walking on water or splitting the moon in half, or it could be revealed wisdom, people gaining access to information that there was no earthly way they could have, like a (fulfilled) prophecy or scientific knowledge way beyond their capacity.

• Tiger

There are a lot of opinions about that.

If we look at how Jesus did it He always

1. Healed instantly

2. Healed completely

sometimes it acquired faith, and sometimes not.

My wife got liver cancer a year ago. She claim her self healed by God. And I concur, even if it was through the best hospital and doctors that this country can have. (not USA). All honour to God!

Two mounts ago I woke up and my psoriasis was gone. No lay hands on, no specific feelings, nothing extraordinary that I can tell of, but it was gone after 15 years. Wife told me she had asked her congregation to pray for me. And who am I to doubt that?

Conclusion? I just do not know. I thank God for what He has done for me, and I really do not know what is required. My thoughts about it, is that we deal with a Sovereign God that do things His way, and not how we expect Him to do.

• G C

Miracles were always obvious to the five senses

Miracles were always to prove the one speaking was of God

Miracles were finished when all the revelation was finished (the Bible)

• ?

There's usually grilled-cheese or some kind of snack treat involved.

• It would have to be something truly supernatural.